MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi there thanks for the reply, the response i have just got back from my hosting provider is this:

Hello,

Are you receiving a 406 error? If not, adjusting the mod_security settings is unlikely to make a difference.

However, if you are receiving a 406 error, please let us know what URL you're receiving it at and we will refactor the mod_security ruleset for you.

Kind Regards,

Support

Are they wrong?
It's mod_security. Just is Toungue If they whitelist your domain/account against it, you won't get the error.
Thanks, i am waiting for them to sort it....
Ok they have changed the settings and all is working ok in admin cp
Thing is front end the style is still messed up, no formatting at all, anyone have a clue as to why this is?
I am probably missing something really silly...

Edit, i must admit that last time a ran this software, 4 years ago or so it ran like a dream, no problems installing and everything was great thats why i have come back, i dont know what has changed, but its drastic!
Had to go with another software supplier, sorry to say, but time is of the essence here, pity becuase i really like the feel of mybb, its feels proffesional, you guys just need to sort it out so its easy to install...
If you had just searched, you would have found the answer. I gave this same answer 4 times withing 24 hours a few days ago.

./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ need to be CHMOD to 777. If you looked in the ACP System Health, it would also have told you this.

If it wasn't that, it might have been an incorrect board URL setting. It would only really be wrong if you changed it during installation.

It's perfectly easy to install if you follow the instructions and if these settings weren't correct, you didn't follow the instructions or you changed something that didn't need changing.

And if it wasn't that, you host may not have been CHMODing the folders and files inside ./cache/themes/ properly, ergo, nothing we could do about that.
In fact i did chmod all the folders as i was instructed the ACP system health indicated that everthing was correct, i didnt change any url settings during install!

Just to put my mind at rest i will upload again and redo this just to see.
Then if the board setting and ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are 777, check that files and folders inside ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD 644 and 755 respectively. If they're not CHMOD to this, you'd have to ask your host why... some people have a setting of 600, 640, 700 or 750, probably for security, and that doesn't seem to work.
Blush I humbly appologise, i have reinstalled and gone through the steps again and it appears to be working ok now, i must have missed something before, thank you for your guidance Blush Toungue
Hehe, no problem, glad it worked out! Smile
I had my host look at it and they fixed it, so I can't tell what was the problem.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18