MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Well, it was mod_security, that's what causes it and it's what the thread's about Undecided
Ive contacted my host about mod_security after trying all the solutions here;

This was their reply "Hello,

As requested, your site has been whitelisted for the following rules [ 1234234,340151 ].

If your trouble still persists, please provide us with a URL and instructions on how to replicate the issue."

AND still it doesn't work. The install went smooth, after I logged into admin all items in the left hand side menu gives this error. The menu across the top works but not the menu on the side.
Well then they haven't done it properly. It's caused by mod_security, and every other person who has been whitelisted has been fine after.
(2009-03-08, 10:27 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well then they haven't done it properly. It's caused by mod_security, and every other person who has been whitelisted has been fine after.

I sent them another support ticket with my admin login details and link to the wiki. It works now. This is what hostgator told me was the issue:

Quote:Hello,
You were hitting mod_security rules on the server which is what caused the 403 forbidden error. We simply needed to whitelist your domain for these rules. This is due to the format of the URL that your admin section goes to when clicking on the links. The latest rule you were hitting was hitting the pattern match shown below.

Pattern match "(\\.\\./\\.\\.|/)" at ARGS:module.
Yeah we know that's what causes it, that's what it pretty much says in the first post... glad it's sorted anyways.
Hi Matt,

Just installed my board using BlueHost as my webhost. I can access the admincp but cannot see anything. I made sure all the files had the appropriate chmod permissions. From reading a few of the other posts, I'm assuming I also need to get my domain whitelisted, would this be correct.

Thanks.
Don
If you're seeing the error in the first post then yes, you need to get whitelisted.
(2009-04-12, 10:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you're seeing the error in the first post then yes, you need to get whitelisted.

I am going to ask my host to whitelist, but I'm not seeing any errors. Like I said, I can access the control panel, but can't actually see any options, tabs, except for the middle of the page. Everything else is blank.
Well, is it the error in the first post?? If it's not, it probably isn't the same issue... can you printscreen what you see??
(2009-04-12, 10:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, is it the error in the first post?? If it's not, it probably isn't the same issue... can you printscreen what you see??

Here it is:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18