MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Servers fixed i guess XD I can do my stuff now its fixed Toungue so i guess it was a server problems.

Also now i got the latest cpanel accelerated 2
Just to give my tupence on this admin CP issue. I had the same issue being that the Admin Panel would be fine to access, however none of the links within it would work and i would get a "forbidden" error.

I believe that the issue 8/10 is down to your hosting provider.

I followed the CHMOD instructions here and also the other possible solutions but in the end the issue was with hostgator.

They changed the CHMOD to defaults (644) and they informed me that they do not support CHOMOD 666 and that keeping the files to 644 would suffice.

My forum is working and i can get into the admin CP and use the other features within it.

I have however changed the CHMOD to 666 to the files/folders that required it as suggested on the install instructions just in case. However even with 644 the folders seem to work fine.

Hostgator disabled what was suggested on the first post of this thread.

All is well, so far.
If they don't allow 666 your settings are never going to save, I've never heard that before...
hi.

i don't know why the developers of mybb didn't throw this ( / ) slash out !. you can just use another character for this. i hope that solve in nearly versions.

one question more, if you knows that the slash may making a problem in using of the forum why you didn't change it.

tnx.
As has already been said, it's fixed for 1.6. And again, as has already been said, during development and testing of 1.4, something like WAMP or XAMPP was used, so this error didn't happen, and by the time we realised it was an issue it was too late to completely change it and break plugins that used the ACP.
(2010-01-14, 11:45 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]As has already been said, it's fixed for 1.6. And again, as has already been said, during development and testing of 1.4, something like WAMP or XAMPP was used, so this error didn't happen, and by the time we realised it was an issue it was too late to completely change it and break plugins that used the ACP.

I realize that because i am a developer too. always changing is so boring + hard. tnx.
Matt what does 666 do that 644 doesn't? Could you explain?

Also what settings are you referring to will not save if i keep it to 644?

Thanks
666 means the file can be written to, ./inc/settings.php is where settings are written to, the ones you set in the ACP, if it's not 666 settings can't get written so they won't work.
I am assured that you need not contact your hosting service if they are using Apache servers (or ask them first), no whitelist functions used. Maybe change service provider...

DavidK. Rolleyes
i had the same problem.
just called my hosting co. hostgator and they fixed the problem...

but the point is, for usability, we lost our security..

i really liked mybb and it is way much better than smf and if worked a little better, can compete with vbulletin. no doubt about it..

hope version 1.6 comes out soon cause security is more important than usability..

p.s. : i know it is not the place but can someone tell me or give me the link for how to install a new theme on the default theme? and if making so crashes the default theme which i really worked a lot on it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18