MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 Beta Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I can't think how can it not work, unless mod_rewrite is disabled, there's wrong content in the .htaccess file, or it's placed in the wrong folder.
well i put exactly as it said in the .htaccess file and its in the right folder.... i guess i have to contact my host provider
Looks like this guy might be using your mod and took out the copyright you required we don't remove: http://forum.forumsupplies.com/index.php
Any updates to this mod yet?
Quite honestly, I think it's kind of rude to require your copyright on the footer of all forums for a mod, especially when no one else does.
Tikitiki Wrote:Quite honestly, I think it's kind of rude to require your copyright on the footer of all forums for a mod, especially when no one else does.

Agreed.

It has no effect on the calendar, index, online.php, User CP, profiles, etc... yet it's required to be there.

You can remove the force copyright from the plugin, but you'd have to include the copyright manually in the effected areas to give proper credit.
I want to know why there has been no work done? This mod came out 7 months ago without one update. Please can you take some of our suggestions and start working on them?
Tikitiki Wrote:Quite honestly, I think it's kind of rude to require your copyright on the footer of all forums for a mod, especially when no one else does.

And quite honestly, it's rude to call that as "rude". I think it's a fair deal until MyBB comes up with built-in ones. If you have ever seen the PAID "vbSEO" plugin, you wouldn't call this act as rude as they require you to pay and put a link in the footer as well.

Chadwick Wrote:I want to know why there has been no work done? This mod came out 7 months ago without one update. Please can you take some of our suggestions and start working on them?
I wasn't really impressed with the response, and no one suggested anything cool enough thus far. I will work on the dynamic description and few other things if I received some feedback.

IMPAQ Wrote:It has no effect on the calendar, index, online.php, User CP, profiles, etc... yet it's required to be there.

You can remove the force copyright from the plugin, but you'd have to include the copyright manually in the effected areas to give proper credit.
I think it's easy for users to put it in the global footer. Well, I think having it in footer on the topic view and main index is fair enough.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:

And quite honestly, it's rude to call that as "rude". I think it's a fair deal until MyBB comes up with built-in ones. If you have ever seen the PAID "vbSEO" plugin, you wouldn't call this act as rude as they require you to pay and put a link in the footer as well.

How would you like it if all the other modders started requiring copyrights in the footer of their forum? Then you'd have a whole ton of them and no one would like that. And since when do I not have an opinion I can express here? I also thought the modding foundations of which this was built was not to be greedy by not making your mods have copyrights on the forum. Just be like the other modders. It's not hard. None of us are greedy and require copyrights on the forum. I first of all don't see the point. To most modders they enjoy programming and do it for others, not for benefit of their sites traffic. Second, vBSEO is a paid modification and just because they do it doesn't mean you should either. If I jumped off a bridge would you?

And third of all there is no POINT.. The copyright has no effect except your site gets more traffic. No one in their right mind would take your mod and re-release it on this forum as their own. And if there is that someone, the copyright wouldn't stop them and they would be stopped by us and the community would be with you on the removal of the re-released modification.

All in all, i think requiring your copyright degrades the mod quality, and people will be less likely to use it because they'll look down upon it as the greedy author. Not someone who does it for the community, but for their site traffic.

Don't take me wrong, it's a great modification, but I'd like to see the copyright go.

This is my opinion, which I have a right to have, and arguing won't make it go away. It's nothing personal either.
I like the idea of dynamic meta tags ...very cool!

There are more people using it then you Smile http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Search...art=0&sa=N

What about sitename.com/f#/topic? That would be very cool and wouldn't mind the copyright if you had something like this. It would put you up there with vBSEO , they have multiple re-write rules to choice from.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31