MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 Beta Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
It depends on how much pages you have indexed and their rankings. If you have a pretty solid traffic from search engines already, i wouldn't recommend risking it. However, if you don't currently have a very good ranking with search engines (which sounds pretty obvious without a SEO), you should install this mod. This plugin redirects most of the showthread.php urls to new the keyword filled urls which can be beneficial. The old forum/subforums urls will not be accessible by search engines, but eventually they'll find the new keyword filled urls for the forums and subforums as well.

In the long run, it will be beneficial for you. (Give it like 3 months, though can be quicker.) You can get more benefit when you use this plugin alongwith my RSS plugin.

BTW, lapsetur, I am not sure how are you're creating your sitemap. Are you using some mod for that purpose?
I am using sitemapGenerator. It takes 2,5 days to generate the sitemap.

Well so I can use both seo and my sitemap
17100 files have been indexed on http://www.amatorbalikci.net in the past 30 days.

I think sitemap is nonsense So I will delete the site map and use your plugin
lapsetur, you should REALLY consider removing description meta tag from your forum and all your pages are being counted as repeats on google. And yes, I will recommend you to use the SEO plugin Smile ..
I like this hack.

1 problem is when I go to a forum a get this error.
Warning: preg_replace(): Unknown modifier '1' in /*/*/*/*/public_html/inc/plugins/seo.php on line 273
Chadwick, can you tell me the link and/or name of the forum you are trying to access?

Well it seems to be working. I have a question, would it be hard to modify the code to make a thread appear like this

site.com/forum/sub-forum/thread-name-t-t#.html ?
and to have a category/forum appear like this
site.com/forum/sub-forum ?

Thanks.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:lapsetur, you should REALLY consider removing description meta tag from your forum and all your pages are being counted as repeats on google. And yes, I will recommend you to use the SEO plugin Smile ..

Shall I remove all met tags from headerinclude ??
Looks like a nice mod. Is there anyway for the user to control the settings. For example, changing the way it display the info in the url. So it looks like this: forum.com/forum-name/thread-name.html?

Thanks Smile
Hi,

I made a file called seo.htaccess and uploaded it to the forum root dir.

But when re-activating, the plugin still says I have to make a file with certain code. ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31