MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 Beta Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(2008-08-04, 05:42 PM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with this plugin. When activated, if you click to go to page 1 of the thread, you stay on the same page.

Ahh, you're right. Few last minute changes messed it up.
Find:
		$the_url = $delimter . $topic_url . "-t-{$topic_id}.html" . $delimter;

Replace with:
		$the_url = $topic_url . "-t-{$topic_id}.html" . $delimter;

Edit: Just download the new zip file.
That fixed it. Thanks!
I already have a .htaccess file for a different script on my forum so when I install this plugin the homepage is redirected to the forums and every thing I click goes directly to the other script.

what can I do?
Post your current .htaccess file and I will modify the rules for you.
ok not sure whats wrong here but when i view a thread and use the Moderation Options at the bottom i get a error 404
the urls are in directory mode.

Example thread i'm viewing:
bb/general-chat/demo-thread-2-t-5.html

When i select to stick /unstick thread it gives a error 404:
bb/general-chat/moderation.php?action=stick&tid=5&modtype=thread&my_post_key=cb7a7de6cc5d6a7f780d25f2a4a27529

When i hit back up on the browser, stick / unstick thread is already highlighted so i click go and it shows this url in the address bar:
bb/entertainment-chat/demo-thread-2-t-5.html

should i just use normal urls instead?
I can't seem to merge threads with this installed. Confused
Asad_Niazi did you noted any performance lost with your plugin installed in mybb 1.4?

Thanks for releasing this plugin, this is a great new feature, I´ll test in my Forum soon Smile
Great mod, but a few problems:

- As stated, you can't merge threads by inputting these SEO URLs.
- Common words aren't stripped from the URLs even though the option is selected to do so.
- On the showthread pages (e.g. when reading a topic/thread), the meta description tag is added twice.

That's all I've found wrong so far, but everything else seems to be working great. Keep up the good work.
Edit:
Even though it's enabled, it doesn't seem to add the nofollow tag to any of my URLs, either...
(2008-08-06, 12:23 AM)jibbajabba Wrote: [ -> ]ok not sure whats wrong here but when i view a thread and use the Moderation Options at the bottom i get a error 404
the urls are in directory mode.

Example thread i'm viewing:
bb/general-chat/demo-thread-2-t-5.html

When i select to stick /unstick thread it gives a error 404:
bb/general-chat/moderation.php?action=stick&tid=5&modtype=thread&my_post_key=cb7a7de6cc5d6a7f780d25f2a4a27529

When i hit back up on the browser, stick / unstick thread is already highlighted so i click go and it shows this url in the address bar:
bb/entertainment-chat/demo-thread-2-t-5.html

should i just use normal urls instead?

It shouldn't do that. A <base> tag is added to the html code so it works fine. Which browser are you using? View source of the page and make sure you see something like this:
<title>]TITLE OF THE THE TOPIC]</title>
<base href='http://yourdomain.com/bb/>

If not, please post a link to your forum / attached html page.

(2008-08-07, 02:15 PM)Jed K Wrote: [ -> ]Great mod, but a few problems:

- As stated, you can't merge threads by inputting these SEO URLs.
- Common words aren't stripped from the URLs even though the option is selected to do so.
- On the showthread pages (e.g. when reading a topic/thread), the meta description tag is added twice.

That's all I've found wrong so far, but everything else seems to be working great. Keep up the good work.
Edit:
Even though it's enabled, it doesn't seem to add the nofollow tag to any of my URLs, either...

Thanks for bringing this to attention. I will see if anything can be done for the merge threads without modifying any MyBB files. If not, then the old work-around will have to be used, which is to copy the link of "Linear Mode" on topic page instead of copying the URL from the address bar.

Which common words have you tried?
Glad to see you are so eager to make improvements. I assure you it is much appreciated.

Regarding the common words, all of them. For an example, please see http://www.vqte.com/current-events/donat...-7248.html
In that thread alone, it uses 'to', 'the' and 'in'. Same things happens for other words such as 'or', 'on', etc.

Thanks. Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31