MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 Beta Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Is that only when using "archive mode"?
Yes Asad_Niazi,Their code became when changed...

Asad_Niazi Wrote:Open inc/plugins/seo.php and find:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Replace with:
//$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Let me know if that fixes it.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Open inc/plugins/seo.php and find:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Replace with:
//$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Let me know if that fixes it.
This re-enables archive mode, but disables /online.php's ability to show what post someone is reading.
Yeah, right.. Now I recall why I added that specific variable. It was for the online.php functionality.

Try this:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . ($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '' ? '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : ''); 
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Yeah, right.. Now I recall why I added that specific variable. It was for the online.php functionality.

Try this:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . ($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '' ? '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : ''); 

ok thanks Asad_Niazi She became straight.. Smile
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a query.

I heard that MyBB v1.4 will include SEO, but my question is, if I use this mod, will it be compatible with MyBB v1.4? At least, will the links be the same? I just don't want all the SEO'd links to die after upgrading.

Thanks!
I will try to get into the BETA of MyBB 1.4 and make sure it works right before the MyBB 1.4 is out. But that's only if I get into the Beta. If it fails, there's always going to be fixes, so no worries.
Beta 9 is out..

Beta 9: (02 July, 2007)
  • Fixed installation error where the default table prefix isn't "mybb_"
  • Fixed issue with archive mode not functioning when SEO mod is enabled on v1.2.8. (Thanks roy and quacktacular on MyBB forums for reporting)
  • Fixed the bug entering wrong page number for the "Related Threads" (Thanks vnchannel on SpiceFuse for reporting)
  • Added the functionality to convert "Last Post" links to SEOed, by default, on Forum display (forumdisplay.php)
  • Now there's added ability to decode more accented characters. Works right for turkish boards as well!
Asad_Niazi Wrote:I will try to get into the BETA of MyBB 1.4 and make sure it works right before the MyBB 1.4 is out. But that's only if I get into the Beta. If it fails, there's always going to be fixes, so no worries.
Thanks a lot Asad_Niazi Smile
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Beta 9 is out..

Beta 9: (02 July, 2007)
  • Fixed installation error where the default table prefix isn't "mybb_"
  • Fixed issue with archive mode not functioning when SEO mod is enabled on v1.2.8. (Thanks roy and quacktacular on MyBB forums for reporting)
  • Fixed the bug entering wrong page number for the "Related Threads" (Thanks vnchannel on SpiceFuse for reporting)
  • Added the functionality to convert "Last Post" links to SEOed, by default, on Forum display (forumdisplay.php)
  • Now there's added ability to decode more accented characters. Works right for turkish boards as well!

I have a problem with this plugin if I insert an announcement Sad
Asad_Niazi Wrote:I will try to get into the BETA of MyBB 1.4 and make sure it works right before the MyBB 1.4 is out. But that's only if I get into the Beta. If it fails, there's always going to be fixes, so no worries.

Maybe a silly question but shouldn't seo be improved in 1.4 ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31