MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO 1.0 Beta Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
don't work when activating on 1.4 get error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function cpmessage() in /home/neutrals/public_html/community/inc/plugins/seo.php on line 122
First off, this plugin is written for MyBB 1.2, and isn't compatible with MyBB 1.4. Secondly, MyBB 1.4 comes with SEO built-in. You just need to activate it in the Admin CP if your server supports it.
(2008-08-03, 11:14 PM)LegosJedi Wrote: [ -> ]First off, this plugin is written for MyBB 1.2, and isn't compatible with MyBB 1.4. Secondly, MyBB 1.4 comes with SEO built-in. You just need to activate it in the Admin CP if your server supports it.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-100...#pid232649

His SEO-plugin is more advanced and for MyBB 1.4
No if you bothered to read back alittle you would of seen this and people want this because it has more options.

(2008-08-03, 08:48 PM)Asad_Niazi Wrote: [ -> ]SEO 1.1 Beta 1 is released which is compatible with MyBB 1.4. New features are as follows:

- Made compatible with version 1.4.
- Added feature to have directory structure such as /forum-name/topic-name-t-xy.html
- Added it as an option to convert users urls to /username-u-xy.html or members/username-xy.html

I will add details later. Go here for latest download link or any other installation details: http://spicefuse.com/mybb-seo-1-0-beta-t-5.html
Lex beat me to it.
It should have been activated anyways. This error appears when you haven't set the chmod to 0777. Create an empty .htaccess file in your ftp and chmod it to 0777 or chmod your forum directory to 0777.

Or else, open seo.php and find:
	// we're a bit screwed, the following message will exit he execution
	// so, Update plugin cache here
	global $plugins_cache, $cache, $active_plugins, $plugins_cache;
	$plugins_cache['active'] = $active_plugins;
	$cache->update("plugins", $plugins_cache);

cpmessage("<b>Copy/Paste the following code at end of a .htaccess file in your forum root directory:</b><br /><br />"
					. "<textarea cols='90' rows='8'>". str_replace("%extra_code%", "RewriteEngine On\r\n", $htaccess_code) ."</textarea>"
					. "<br /><center><a href=\"plugins.php\">Go Back to Plugins</a></center>");

Replace with:
	// we're a bit screwed, the following message will exit he execution
	// so, Update plugin cache here
	global $message;

$message = "<b>Copy/Paste the following code at end of a .htaccess file in your forum root directory:</b><br /><br />"
					. "<textarea cols='100' rows='10'>". str_replace("%extra_code%", "RewriteEngine On\r\n", $htaccess_code) ."</textarea>"
					. "";

I wish there were docs to make things like that simpler.

Edit: I have updated the zip file too.
activates fine but now gets 500 error with the new .htaccess
Please copy/paste the content of the .htaccess file and try to see if there are any errors in the apache error log.
Salam bro,

I am really happy to see the new updated plugin. There is one thing I am concerned about, you added a new feature, is it going to change the way old SEF URLs looked like? If yes there will be a big problem of 404 errors and even the PR would drop.
(2008-08-04, 03:23 PM)sadiqsaad Wrote: [ -> ]Salam bro,

I am really happy to see the new updated plugin. There is one thing I am concerned about, you added a new feature, is it going to change the way old SEF URLs looked like? If yes there will be a big problem of 404 errors and even the PR would drop.

I definitely know about that problem so the urls won't change. The directory structure URLs is an option that is disabled by default. You can enable it if you have a new forum but changing it for old forums will definitely result in duplicate content and PR drop.
There is a problem with this plugin. When activated, if you click to go to page 1 of the thread, you stay on the same page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31