MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - Clean and Elegent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
This is by far the best theme I've used for MyBB. For the last year I used one that was responsive, but it was still cluttered and too much info was presented on screen. This removes the clutter and keeps it to the essentials. The developer also was very quick to respond to several support questions I sent via email which was appreciated.

My only nitpicking complaint is that the search page is not responsive and does not fit a mobile screen properly. This isn't a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice if this were fixed in an update so the theme is 100% responsive.

That said, you can't go wrong with this theme for the $15-$20 you'll pay. I highly recommend it.
(2017-01-26, 01:19 AM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]My only nitpicking complaint is that the search page is not responsive and does not fit a mobile screen properly. 

This was the next thing I was going to ask WallBB about.  In some instances, turning a mobile device in horizontal (landscape) mode allows one to see the search page(s) properly, and sometimes not.

Another (possibly related) issue is that when using smaller mobile devices, you can't see PMs (Private Messages) in either landscape or portrait mode.  There seems to be placeholders there for each PM, but no text where the PMs should be.  Again, sometimes turning the device to landscape mode fixes that, but sometimes not, especially on smartphones.

I suppose that it's a lot to ask when trying to view all the information on a small device. It's a lot to squeeze into such a small screen

But I agree that even with these issues, the Focus Theme is the best of the best and a real deal for only $20 (or less if you buy it by the end of this month).

Big Grin
(2017-01-26, 01:19 AM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]This is by far the best theme I've used for MyBB. For the last year I used one that was responsive, but it was still cluttered and too much info was presented on screen. This removes the clutter and keeps it to the essentials. The developer also was very quick to respond to several support questions I sent via email which was appreciated.

My only nitpicking complaint is that the search page is not responsive and does not fit a mobile screen properly. This isn't a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice if this were fixed in an update so the theme is 100% responsive.

That said, you can't go wrong with this theme for the $15-$20 you'll pay. I highly recommend it.

(2017-01-26, 04:50 AM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26, 01:19 AM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]My only nitpicking complaint is that the search page is not responsive and does not fit a mobile screen properly. 

This was the next thing I was going to ask WallBB about.  In some instances, turning a mobile device in horizontal (landscape) mode allows one to see the search page(s) properly, and sometimes not.

Another (possibly related) issue is that when using smaller mobile devices, you can't see PMs (Private Messages) in either landscape or portrait mode.  There seems to be placeholders there for each PM, but no text where the PMs should be.  Again, sometimes turning the device to landscape mode fixes that, but sometimes not, especially on smartphones.

I suppose that it's a lot to ask when trying to view all the information on a small device. It's a lot to squeeze into such a small screen

But I agree that even with these issues, the Focus Theme is the best of the best and a real deal for only $20 (or less if you buy it by the end of this month).

Big Grin

Hi guys,
I am really sorry to hear that there are issues on PM and search, I will be doing an update today and will send the version to all the buyers.
Thanks for your inputs

Regards
WallBB
No need to apologize since the theme is 95% there. Thank you for taking the time to put a truly responsive theme together for us.

Question though: I've heavily modified the themes style. When you release the update can you give us an idea of how best to update without breaking customizations?

Also, what is the license on copyright notice? There is nothing in the readme or on your site that states your copyright needs to stay in place so, full disclosure, I removed it so it matches my overall site. That said, if it is supposed to stay visible, you should make note of that in the readme and/or footer to let people know. I will put it back if it's supposed to remain.
(2017-01-26, 02:55 PM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]No need to apologize since the theme is 95% there. Thank you for taking the time to put a truly responsive theme together for us.

Question though: I've heavily modified the themes style. When you release the update can you give us an idea of how best to update without breaking customizations?

Also, what is the license on copyright notice? There is nothing in the readme or on your site that states your copyright needs to stay in place so, full disclosure, I removed it so it matches my overall site. That said, if it is supposed to stay visible, you should make note of that in the readme and/or footer to let people know. I will put it back if it's supposed to remain.
Hey thunderclap,
Unfortunately MyBB doesn't have ability to retain old changes of your theme, I will tell you what all changes you need to do so that you don't have to reinstall and do everything again.

Also, footer link is not allowed to remove, It is present in privacy policy. If you want to remove it, it is 20$ price charged which i feel is a fair amount.
https://wallbb.co.uk/privacy-policy/

Regards
WallBB
(2017-01-26, 06:12 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26, 02:55 PM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]No need to apologize since the theme is 95% there. Thank you for taking the time to put a truly responsive theme together for us.

Hey thunderclap,
Unfortunately MyBB doesn't have ability to retain old changes of your theme, I will tell you what all changes you need to do so that you don't have to reinstall and do everything again.

Also, footer link is not allowed to remove, It is present in privacy policy. If you want to remove it, it is 20$ price charged which i feel is a fair amount.

Regards
WallBB

That would be great if you could provide me what needs to be changed for to correct search and private message pages.

I'll put back the copyright since I missed that privacy policy on your page. You might want to add a commented out section in the code to remind people. Smile
We not only have a great responsive theme, but heck, we even have a responsive theme developer.   Big Grin  

WallBB-- I too have modified a lot of stuff in the theme, so I'd also appreciate it if you would list what specific files have been changed in the update you're going to send out.  Or even which specific lines of code in each file too, if you have the time for that.

I'm going to have to go line-by-line comparing each old file with the new so that my modifications can remain intact.

Again, thanks for your excellent work on all this!
Amazing theme! Just one problem which makes it unusable for me which is what this post is about.
I am using myBB 1.8.10

When installing this theme, I recieve the message:

Quote:This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.

To pass this message and install the theme, I check the Ignore Version Compatibility box and it installs successfully.

Once the theme is active on my website, the following pages (along with some others) ae completely blank with no content and a blank grey background. The pages which show this are:
  - usercp.php
  - modcp.php
  - portal.php
  - search.php

I have not yet found a solution to fix this issue and any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

My website using this theme is available here: http://107.191.56.165/forums/
(2017-01-26, 06:20 PM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26, 06:12 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey thunderclap,

Regards
WallBB

That would be great if you could provide me what needs to be changed for to correct search and private message pages.

I'll put back the copyright since I missed that privacy policy on your page. You might want to add a commented out section in the code to remind people. Smile
Thanks thunderclap, glad to hear that.
I usually trust my customers with products.

(2017-01-26, 10:37 PM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]We not only have a great responsive theme, but heck, we even have a responsive theme developer.   Big Grin  

WallBB-- I too have modified a lot of stuff in the theme, so I'd also appreciate it if you would list what specific files have been changed in the update you're going to send out.  Or even which specific lines of code in each file too, if you have the time for that.

I'm going to have to go line-by-line comparing each old file with the new so that my modifications can remain intact.

Again, thanks for your excellent work on all this!

I am still taking some time in testing of the new release, will send it by Sunday to you guys.

(2017-01-27, 01:16 PM)Acidic Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing theme, except when installing, it says "This theme is not meant for this version". I am using myBB 1.8.10. I uncheck the version restriction box when installing the theme and it installs correctly.

On my website, after you login, the pages usercp, modcp, portal, search, etc are completely blank with a grey background (only when this theme is enabled). You can view this error on my website currently using this theme at http://107.191.56.165/forums

Are there any fixes for this?

Yes Acidic, the free version is still not updated for 1.8.10, you can use it by checking "Ignore version compatibility" while importing the theme.
I will add this as a task to update the free version compatibility.

Regards
WallBB
(2017-01-27, 01:16 PM)Acidic Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing theme! Just one problem which makes it unusable for me which is what this post is about.
I am using myBB 1.8.10

When installing this theme, I recieve the message:

Quote:This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.

To pass this message and install the theme, I check the Ignore Version Compatibility box and it installs successfully.

Once the theme is active on my website, the following pages (along with some others) ae completely blank with no content and a blank grey background. The pages which show this are:
  - usercp.php
  - modcp.php
  - portal.php
  - search.php

I have not yet found a solution to fix this issue and any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

My website using this theme is available here: http://107.191.56.165/forums/

Scratch that, I just redownloaded the theme and uploaded it and it seems to be functioning correctly now. Sorry about that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45