MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - Clean and Elegent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2017-06-13, 10:27 AM)Erio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

first of all: I really love this theme ... and so do also my testers (I plan to make a relaunch of my forum with this theme).

Even if almost everything seems to be perfect - I found one "bug"(?) ... well .. lets say an issue.

Due the fact my users live the classic view (postbit) I need do use it. I just find out that this is no problem on all on desktop but: I looks quite strange on mobile (tested on iPhone 6, Chrome).
Issue: the whole area around author (so avatar, name, stats etc.) are display in classic view BUT: this area compressed -> in other worths: width is completly wrong.

My idea/question: is there a way to change to postbit style only for mobile? -> so classic view for desktop and non-classic for mobile?

BR

You will have to add view port in headerinclude and need to define seperate classes for mobile and desktop. Or you can also create div for the post page.
(2017-06-24, 10:02 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

first of all: I really love this theme ... and so do also my testers (I plan to make a relaunch of my forum with this theme).

Even if almost everything seems to be perfect - I found one "bug"(?) ... well .. lets say an issue.

Due the fact my users live the classic view (postbit) I need do use it. I just find out that this is no problem on all on desktop but: I looks quite strange on mobile (tested on iPhone 6, Chrome).
Issue: the whole area around author (so avatar, name, stats etc.) are display in classic view BUT: this area compressed -> in other worths: width is completly wrong.

My idea/question: is there a way to change to postbit style only for mobile? -> so classic view for desktop and non-classic for mobile?

BR

You will have to add view port in headerinclude and need to define seperate classes for mobile and desktop. Or you can also create div for the post page.

How? Do you have a code example for me?

What I've tried just now:
  1. using the plugin MyBB GoMobile
  2. Made a copy of the focus-theme theme which shows the postbit per default in horizontal instead of classic view
  3. tried it -> was OK!
  4. tried to create a new thread/post --> 1054 - Unknown column 'mobile' in 'field list'
  5. Deactivate the plugin GoMobile
  6. Creating Post/Thread worked again (no error) ... but of corse the old problem was also again in place
Well ... what I need is a solution that the postbit (by default classic view - my User love it) ... but horizontal view when using a mobile device.

Got no idea of "view port" ... Sad
(2017-06-27, 12:39 PM)Erio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-24, 10:02 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

BR

How? Do you have a code example for me?

What I've tried just now:
  1. using the plugin MyBB GoMobile
  2. Made a copy of the focus-theme theme which shows the postbit per default in horizontal instead of classic view
  3. tried it -> was OK!
  4. tried to create a new thread/post --> 1054 - Unknown column 'mobile' in 'field list'
  5. Deactivate the plugin GoMobile
  6. Creating Post/Thread worked again (no error) ... but of corse the old problem was also again in place
Well ... what I need is a solution that the postbit (by default classic view - my User love it) ... but horizontal view when using a mobile device.

Got no idea of "view port" ... Sad

Check this jsfiddle, I think you must have got an idea what should be done Smile
http://jsfiddle.net/cUCvY/1/
Ok .. I try to explain it with screenshots Smile

Image 1: Post - Desktop; classic view --> Perfect!
[Image: ddXP9im.png]

Image 2: Mobile (now) ... still classic view ... width is wrong, not enough space for username, image etc.:
[Image: 3GXDHVN.png]

Image 3: mobile view as I want to have it. Not classic -> but horizontal.
[Image: Hy76VpP.png]

I was able to get a mobile view like image 3 when I switch to horizontal mode (so turn off classic mode) in my UCP.
How: I made a copy of the focus theme where I set the mode per default to horizontal.

Well -> this is OK! 

But: I need something that make this "theme-switch" automatically when a user tries to access the forum via a mobile device. 

So:
if user device = mobile -> use Theme B
else use Theme A

(sorry, I'm not a developer ... but hopefully it helps to understand my problem Smile
(2017-06-27, 03:32 PM)Erio Wrote: [ -> ]Ok .. I try to explain it with screenshots Smile

Image 1: Post - Desktop; classic view --> Perfect!
[Image: ddXP9im.png]

Image 2: Mobile (now) ... still classic view ... width is wrong, not enough space for username, image etc.:
[Image: 3GXDHVN.png]

Image 3: mobile view as I want to have it. Not classic -> but horizontal.
[Image: Hy76VpP.png]

I was able to get a mobile view like image 3 when I switch to horizontal mode (so turn off classic mode) in my UCP.
How: I made a copy of the focus theme where I set the mode per default to horizontal.

Well -> this is OK! 

But: I need something that make this "theme-switch" automatically when a user tries to access the forum via a mobile device. 

So:
if user device = mobile -> use Theme B
else use Theme A

(sorry, I'm not a developer ... but hopefully it helps to understand my problem Smile

Hey Erio,
I suggest you the same thing without using different themes.
You can use mobile viewport and the above code so that in mobile and desktop same theme will work like you want in Image 1 and Image 3.
Please take a look at it again :-
http://jsfiddle.net/cUCvY/1/

Regards
WallBB
A big thank you for your help ... I arranged to fix the issue Smile

Another question: how can I add the information about the latest post for each thread in the treadoverview. On the desktopversion I see the latest post, a timestep etc.

Mobile -> not.

What must I do to add at least the name of the latest poster/user as well as the time-information?
(2017-07-13, 04:17 PM)Erio Wrote: [ -> ]A big thank you for your help ... I arranged to fix the issue Smile

Another question: how can I add the information about the latest post for each thread in the treadoverview. On the desktopversion I see the latest post, a timestep etc.

Mobile -> not.

What must I do to add at least the name of the latest poster/user as well as the time-information?

Hey Erio, I want to ask are you using Focus Free version or responsive version ?
responsive, so the payed one
(2017-07-13, 06:33 PM)Erio Wrote: [ -> ]responsive, so the payed one

Ah that's why, this thread is for free one Smile
You should use the below thread for future communication Erio
https://community.mybb.com/thread-207388.html

Also you will need to modify postbit template as I think once you modified the postbit are not removed from hidden to show attribute.

Regards
WallBB
Good morning, I followed your suggestion to review this thread in regards to customizing my forum - this was indeed all very helpful and I'm 100% happy with the modifications I've made. Thank you for your support and advice!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45