MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - Clean and Elegent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2017-01-27, 01:32 PM)Acidic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 01:16 PM)Acidic Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing theme! Just one problem which makes it unusable for me which is what this post is about.
I am using myBB 1.8.10

When installing this theme, I recieve the message:

Quote:This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.

To pass this message and install the theme, I check the Ignore Version Compatibility box and it installs successfully.

Once the theme is active on my website, the following pages (along with some others) ae completely blank with no content and a blank grey background. The pages which show this are:
  - usercp.php
  - modcp.php
  - portal.php
  - search.php

I have not yet found a solution to fix this issue and any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

My website using this theme is available here: http://107.191.56.165/forums/

Scratch that, I just redownloaded the theme and uploaded it and it seems to be functioning correctly now. Sorry about that.

Great Smile
If you ever encounter issue with theme compatibility, just do "Ignore version compatibility." It will always work fine.

Regards
WallBB
(2017-01-23, 05:13 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 05:39 AM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]2.  If instead I decide to disable the javascript that controls the scrolling header, can you tell me what template or css file needs to be changed and what specific changes need to be done in them to accomplish this?

2. It can be done through headerinclude template, in is the javascript present at the last of the file.

Regards
WallBB

Hi WallBB, until you send out the fixed code for the scrolling header, I'd like to change it back to a non-scrolling header.  I tried to do this as you suggested in your point #2 above, but it didn't seem to work - the header still scrolls.

Here is the code I removed from the bottom of the headerinclude template:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function(){
 var shrinkHeader = 160;
  $(window).scroll(function() {
    var scroll = getCurrentScroll();
      if ( scroll >= shrinkHeader ) {
           $('.header').addClass('shrink');
        }
        else {
            $('.header').removeClass('shrink');
        }
  });
function getCurrentScroll() {
    return window.pageYOffset || document.documentElement.scrollTop;
    }
});
</script>

Is there something else I need to do to temporary turn off the scrolling header?  Removing the above code doesn't seem to work.

Huh
(2017-01-27, 04:34 PM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 05:13 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 05:39 AM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]2.  If instead I decide to disable the javascript that controls the scrolling header, can you tell me what template or css file needs to be changed and what specific changes need to be done in them to accomplish this?

2. It can be done through headerinclude template, in is the javascript present at the last of the file.

Regards
WallBB

Hi WallBB, until you send out the fixed code for the scrolling header, I'd like to change it back to a non-scrolling header.  I tried to do this as you suggested in your point #2 above, but it didn't seem to work - the header still scrolls.

Here is the code I removed from the bottom of the headerinclude template:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function(){
 var shrinkHeader = 160;
  $(window).scroll(function() {
    var scroll = getCurrentScroll();
      if ( scroll >= shrinkHeader ) {
           $('.header').addClass('shrink');
        }
        else {
            $('.header').removeClass('shrink');
        }
  });
function getCurrentScroll() {
    return window.pageYOffset || document.documentElement.scrollTop;
    }
});
</script>

Is there something else I need to do to temporary turn off the scrolling header?  Removing the above code doesn't seem to work.

Huh
Also go to global.css and remove the
position: fixed;
from header

It should work fine.

Regards
WallBB
(2017-01-27, 04:42 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Also go to global.css and remove the
from header

It should work fine.

Regards
WallBB

That worked!  Thanks.   Big Grin
(2017-01-27, 06:50 PM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 04:42 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Also go to global.css and remove the
from header

It should work fine.

Regards
WallBB

That worked!  Thanks.   Big Grin

Happy to hear that mate, I am still doing some testing currently.
WallBB,

I'm trying to temporary switch to a fixed header until you can update the code...

When I switched to the fixed header (by editing out the script at the bottom of headerinclude & removing "position: fixed;" from the header on global.css), it worked, but I have one problem:

After those two changes, between the logo at the top and the menu strip right under it, there is a huge dark grey area with nothing in it (about the same height as the logo area).  [seems to be the same dark grey color that is near the footer area where the headings "About, Quick Links, User Links, & Useful Links" are located]

When using fixed header mode like this, how do I get rid of that huge grey area, so that the menu area is immediately below the logo area (with no dark grey space in between)???
(2017-01-31, 04:39 AM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]WallBB,

I'm trying to temporary switch to a fixed header until you can update the code...

When I switched to the fixed header (by editing out the script at the bottom of headerinclude & removing "position: fixed;" from the header on global.css), it worked, but I have one problem:

After those two changes, between the logo at the top and the menu strip right under it, there is a huge dark grey area with nothing in it (about the same height as the logo area).  [seems to be the same dark grey color that is near the footer area where the headings "About, Quick Links, User Links, & Useful Links" are located]

When using fixed header mode like this, how do I get rid of that huge grey area, so that the menu area is immediately below the logo area (with no dark grey space in between)???

Please send me a PM with your forum url, I will try to help you with this.
(2017-01-31, 05:56 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

WallBB, it's on my computer - I'm running a LAMP server locally on my Ubuntu Linux machine, testing stuff before I go live with it, so I can't send the URL.

Can you help somehow?
(2017-01-31, 07:21 AM)ForumDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 05:56 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

WallBB, it's on my computer - I'm running a LAMP server locally on my Ubuntu Linux machine, testing stuff before I go live with it, so I can't send the URL.

Can you help somehow?
Can you send me screenshot in my PM box ?
WallBB,

I've attached a screenshot to this post.  The area I'm trying to get rid of is the grey area between the two red arrows.  (Or at least shrink it to a smaller size so it doesn't take up much space).

Not sure if my logo size is the issue or not.. it's currently 550 x 117 pixels I think.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

It took me a while, but I figured out how to get rid of that extra gray space:

Here's what I did:

Changed the container padding to from 150px to 0px in global.css, here:

#container {
    color: #333;
    text-align: left;
    line-height: 1.4;
    margin: 0;
    font-family: tahoma, sans-serif, arial;
    font-size: 13px;
    padding-top:0px;
}

Big Grin

Hope I didn't mess up something else in doing this!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45