MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - Clean and Elegent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-09, 02:31 PM)Mordicus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:1. Make sure you have forced classic postbit on all users.
2. Can you revert the template and let me know please ?
3. You need to add the variable used to show announcement from default theme to focus theme. Contact plugin owner for variable.
4. Same as 3
5. Yes you can do that, modify the header template > header and change the logo there.
6. No, it will remove theme formatting , css, html, javascript and design.
Thanks for the quick answer!

1. How to force users to use classic postbit? I have only forced them to use Focus Theme.
2. Can you tell me which template I have to revert to try restoring quick edit?
3. & 4. ok, I'll contact the plugin owner
5. OK!
6. Understood!

Many thanks.

Just reporting minor glitch with fonts & icons here and there (I reverted 2 or 3 templates so it may be my bad), i.e. here in the Forum Team list (please see attached screen).
2. postbit_quote
Can you share your forum url, I will check the issue with the icons you are having issue.

(2016-04-10, 12:42 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]How would I make the subforums come up as forum-forumname instead of forumdisplay.php and I'm already using google SEO the categories and forums works fine with forum-forumname but the subforums come up as forumdisplay.php
You need to contact the person who's SEO plugin you are using.

(2016-04-10, 04:07 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]too bad my board isnt mybb even though its icyboards/mybb. so thus this theme may not be compatible. as i said to wallbb, no worries

I will also contact icyboards about it.
(2016-04-10, 05:21 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
3. You need to add the variable used to show announcement from default theme to focus theme. Contact plugin owner for variable.
4. Same as 3
5. Yes you can do that, modify the header template > header and change the logo there.

1. How to force users to use classic postbit? I have only forced them to use Focus Theme.
5. OK!
6. Understood!

Many thanks.

Just reporting minor glitch with fonts & icons here and there (I reverted 2 or 3 templates so it may be my bad), i.e. here in the Forum Team list (please see attached screen).
2. postbit_quote
Can you share your forum url, I will check the issue with the icons you are having issue.

(2016-04-10, 12:42 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]How would I make the subforums come up as forum-forumname instead of forumdisplay.php and I'm already using google SEO the categories and forums works fine with forum-forumname but the subforums come up as forumdisplay.php

(2016-04-10, 04:07 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]too bad my board isnt mybb even though its icyboards/mybb. so thus this theme may not be compatible. as i said to wallbb, no worries

It's not to do with the plugin as this works fine with the default theme it seems like you are using hardcoded forumdisplay.php
(2016-04-10, 06:46 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-10, 05:21 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
4. Same as 3

5. OK!
6. Understood!

Many thanks.

2. postbit_quote

It's not to do with the plugin as this works fine with the default theme it seems like you are using hardcoded forumdisplay.php

No, the theme does not modify forumdisplay.php.
The reason why the plugin may not be working with Focus theme is some variables that plugin inserts in forumdisplay templates is not inserted in Focus theme templates. You need to know what variables are added in default theme and add them in Focus theme templates.
Focus theme is not modifying the forumdisplay.php file.

Regards
WallBB
I looked at the forumdisplay templates on the default theme but they are all default settings.
(2016-04-10, 09:18 PM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at the forumdisplay templates on the default theme but they are all default settings.
Than something else is issue.
Focus theme does not uses any plugins nor does it modify core files.

I have sent them a message, I will let you know about it.
(2016-04-11, 03:42 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-10, 09:18 PM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at the forumdisplay templates on the default theme but they are all default settings.

Well I can't figure out what Is causing this because I can get it to work fine for the square them and I also tested on a forum with just Google SEO and PluginLibrary works fine on square theme but not focus.

Could it be because of this in forumbit_depth3
<li>{$statusicon}<span style="font-size: 12px;"><a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}" title="{$forum_viewers_text_plain}">{$forum['name']}</a></span></li>
Looks like your theme uses hardcoded forumdisplay.php instead of just using {$forum_url}
(2016-04-11, 04:19 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 03:42 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

Well I can't figure out what Is causing this because I can get it to work fine for the square them and I also tested on a forum with just Google SEO and PluginLibrary works fine on square theme but not focus.

Could it be because of this in forumbit_depth3
<li>{$statusicon}<span style="font-size: 12px;"><a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}" title="{$forum_viewers_text_plain}">{$forum['name']}</a></span></li>
Might be.
Than the problem maybe some template having custom code is not having the default MyBB code which is used by Google SEO plugin.
Looks like your theme uses hardcoded forumdisplay.php instead of just using {$forum_url}
(2016-04-11, 04:32 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your theme uses hardcoded forumdisplay.php instead of just using {$forum_url}

Oh now i understand what you mean by hardcoded forumdisplay.php.
It is used for forum url in the forumdisplay template. I will change it in next release of Focus to use the default variable used by MyBB.
Let me know your forum url, I will fix locally at your forum.
(2016-04-11, 04:54 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 04:32 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your theme uses hardcoded forumdisplay.php instead of just using {$forum_url}

Oh now i understand what you mean by hardcoded forumdisplay.php.
It is used for forum url in the forumdisplay template. I will change it in next release of Focus to use the default variable used by MyBB.
Let me know your forum url, I will fix locally at your forum.

I fixed it myself just changed it from href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}" to href="{$forum_url}", also what new things are you adding to the next version of the theme?