MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usermap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Yes, but I don't see the problem with that ...
I don't know why, but all additional pins had been lost after changing to file-caching. I added the pins again and now all users can be seen again on the map. Rolleyes

Thank you for your quick response. Wink
Strange, normally MyBB has to use the database when the file doesn't exist ...
hey, it's me again... since a while now i updated to mybb version 1.4.

just want to get a short review how far you got writing the new code for usermap.
all my forum users are requesting the "soo cool usermap"...
cheers bro

mia
Seems I didn't post the announce here. Well, that release is released as 1.1 beta on 21/09/2008.

Usermap 1.1 beta is released!
Usermap 1.1 beta is released as first version for MyBB 1.4. There are no further changes then that.
(2008-09-27, 09:26 AM)Paretje Wrote: [ -> ]Seems I didn't post the announce here. Well, that release is released as 1.1 beta on 21/09/2008.

Usermap 1.1 beta is released!
Usermap 1.1 beta is released as first version for MyBB 1.4. There are no further changes then that.

cheers!!!

just go that one question again... is it possible to show the location inside this speachbubble as well, like in version 1.0.4?
could you just show me how???

btw... this time it worked perfectly form the beginningWink
Usermap 1.1 is released!
The most important change is one in the plugin.

Changes
- Fixed plugin-file
- Usergroup permission to add a pin

Upgrade from 1.1 beta
1. Deactivate the beta
2. Upload the new files
3. Activate the new version

NOTE: When you deactivate you'll be lost the pins of your users, but with a backup of the Usermap fields in mybb_users, it has to work.
This is really great. Thank you so much. Here are some features that I think would be great additions:
  • Valid location required on registration.
  • Link to user's map location from user profile.
  • Where can I customize which profile fields/other info appear on the pop-up bubbles? Would like to add a MyPS listing and a PM link.
  • Set so that only certain users can select certain pin images.

I'm sure there are more, but this is what occurred to me right now.
Hmm, my pin pictures are being squished:
(2008-09-27, 11:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This is really great. Thank you so much. Here are some features that I think would be great additions:
  • Valid location required on registration.
  • Link to user's map location from user profile.
  • Where can I customize which profile fields/other info appear on the pop-up bubbles? Would like to add a MyPS listing and a PM link.
  • Set so that only certain users can select certain pin images.

I'm sure there are more, but this is what occurred to me right now.
Hmm, my pin pictures are being squished:

* It's a bit unpredictable. Because of that, it isn't a good idea to integrate it with the registration process.
* That's possible, and because of that, the thing above can be made, too. I can make a task which converts that field to the Usermap system
* In the "usermap_pins_bit_user" template
* Is not possible with the current release.

You mean that they are all deleted? Yes, datacache is cleaned up, too. I'm sorry, I forgot to say that ...
No, not deleted. Please see the screenshot I posted. My pin images is being squished.

It seems that the pin images stretch out to be the size of the included default pin. If there is a way to change these dimensions, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Nvm, got it working. You can edit the pin sizes in usermap_pinimgs_java_bit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25