MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usermap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Hello. Whit the upgrade I have lost all the pins of all of the users, and I can't add new pins. How I can solve this? Thanks.
Any word on a revised version? A map that you can't stick pins to is no good...
(2010-07-19, 12:01 AM)Coffé and Milk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Whit the upgrade I have lost all the pins of all of the users, and I can't add new pins. How I can solve this? Thanks.

didnt you read the note on the site you can dload this plugin dude?
NOTE: When you deactivate the plugin before upgrading to MyBB 1.4, you'll lose the pins of your users.
so the good way to update this, is, dont deaktivate the plugin, just upload the new files and run upgrade.php in your browser.
after this, your users pins will still be there.

(2010-07-19, 09:01 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on a revised version? A map that you can't stick pins to is no good...

wtf are you talking about? it is possible to stick pins in the map! just type in the spot u want to have the pin placed to, hit search button, then hit set pin to this place. done...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sry dudes, but this plugin aint secured coded!
it requires url_fopen (file_get_contents() ) to be enabled.
this isnt secure in any way.
this plugin is a really nice idea, but to be secured is a bit more important than cool plugins.
there many ways to code around file_get_contents, e.g.

search for (line 198)
$lookup_file = file_get_contents("http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=".urlencode($mybb->input['adress'])."&output=xml&key=".$mybb->settings['usermap_apikey']);

replace with:
$url = "http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=".urlencode($mybb->input['adress'])."&output=xml&key=".$mybb->settings['usermap_apikey'];
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$lookup_file = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);  
done by NoMad! thx for it...

file_get_contents will be replaced with cURL.
hope this helps some users.
Hopefully people still read this thread ...

We have quite a large userbase all over the world, so a usermap would be very useful for us. Actually, we have it, but ever since we upgraded to 1.1.1, it stopped working. All the past pins are there, but absolutely nobody else can add themselves. From what I have read in this topic, the 1.1.2 version still does not work apparently ...

For some complicated reasons, we are still only at MyBB 1.4.13, and because of certain plugins and mainly our layout/language files, we might not upgrade to MyBB 1.6 unless it becomes an absolute necessity in the future.

Therefore, I was wondering if we could just erase what we have now since it is not functional anyway, find an older, working version of the Usermap plugin, and upload it. I think that during some of the upgrades between 1.4's, it was asked to upgrade the plugins as well, which is why we unfortunately went to the dysfunctional 1.1.1. Would there be some serious problems if we used a plugin that could be considered "too old" ?

My next question is then : "Does anyone have an uploaded file of the previous, working version of the Usermap plugin ?"

Thank you.
Your seriously not telling me that your using MyBB 1.1.1?? That version is nearly 7 years out of date!

You really need to upgrade and I highly doubt this plugin is developed or working anymore.
(2011-02-08, 01:22 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Your seriously not telling me that your using MyBB 1.1.1?? That version is nearly 7 years out of date!

You really need to upgrade and I highly doubt this plugin is developed or working anymore.

No, as I wrote, we are using MyBB 1.4.13 ... However, we are currently using the version 1.1.1 of this plugin ...
Ohhh Toungue
I seriously need better glasses XD

What version of MyBB was the plugin made for??
(2011-02-08, 06:20 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]What version of MyBB was the plugin made for??
http://mods.mybb.com/view/usermap
1.4 apparently, last updated on April 15th 2010.
(2010-09-17, 01:06 PM)michi123 Wrote: [ -> ]sry dudes, but this plugin aint secured coded!
it requires url_fopen (file_get_contents() ) to be enabled.
this isnt secure in any way.
this plugin is a really nice idea, but to be secured is a bit more important than cool plugins.
there many ways to code around file_get_contents, e.g.

search for (line 198)
$lookup_file = file_get_contents("http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=".urlencode($mybb->input['adress'])."&output=xml&key=".$mybb->settings['usermap_apikey']);

replace with:
$url = "http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=".urlencode($mybb->input['adress'])."&output=xml&key=".$mybb->settings['usermap_apikey'];
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$lookup_file = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);  
done by NoMad! thx for it...

file_get_contents will be replaced with cURL.
hope this helps some users.

This seems to be pretty significantly important. Will this security issue be incorporated into the mod's code?

Thanks,
adamf7
How do I get a PIN location?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25