MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usermap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2009-06-12, 01:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-12, 12:08 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]guys he said hes gone until his personal life evens out. it could be awhile..... this may take some time...

Hm ...

Maybe time to commission a new map plugin.

Gonna need a new arcade developer as well. Which i'll look around for. I knew one of the guys who worked on IPB's arcade. Maybe he can spare some time for this? This sucks. Hate saying this but this is the problem with having school aged kids doing such stuff as this. If i had to guess i would say his parents probably jumped on him about spending so much time with this vs his school work and rightfully so. I mention it because i remember him going on about all of these tests he had coming up and what little time he had between those and what he does here and thus his plugins.
Uh ... OK? Thanks for the story.

I don't need an Arcade plugin, so that's not an issue for me. I'm not sure what you're talking about, it's a volunteer project and people run out of time.
(2009-06-13, 04:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Uh ... OK? Thanks for the story.

I don't need an Arcade plugin, so that's not an issue for me. I'm not sure what you're talking about, it's a volunteer project and people run out of time.

I am well aware that it is a volunteer project and that wasnt my point. Point is these kids need to think long and hard before getting involved in such stuff as seing how they do have other big obligations such as school. Which as well means they are at the mercy of thier parents who in the end will decide if they need to focus more on school work and less time on here. They dont have the choice of doing what they want especially if thier grades start to fall. There is a ton of people using these very popular plugins and now they cant get updates/fixes because of this and thats not good. I appreciate what he has done but this sucks. This is a huge blow to MYBB as well because of how popular these plugins are.
First of all, I'm sorry for the late reply! But, I had exams, and because of the problems with the Game Section I couldn't find the time to report it here Wink

(2009-05-01, 06:26 PM)RhymeFront Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

at first, the plugin runs and i like it. But i have one Problem: We have Users they live in the same location. For example: User One lives in Frankfurt and submit his Pin and User two comes and lives in Frankfurt to and Submit his Pin, than User One isn't to see at the Usermap. I hop you can fix this for me, beacause i would enjoy this nice plugin !

rf

Well, we could give them on pin, and use then then the default pin-image for them.

(2009-05-01, 11:31 PM)-=snAke=- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-28, 01:17 PM)Fatmax Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I have a problem with my Usermap.

[Image: no_map.jpg]

shortened needs only the picture Wink

same picture MyBB 1.4.5 http://banana.kilu.de (testboard) f_urlopen enabled

Are you using IE? Or is it to long ago for my memory Toungue

(2009-05-04, 07:51 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]I am just about to upgrade from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5(6) and every time I plan an upgrade I usually deactivate all plugins before. However, this causes the loss of all user locations.

Could anyone help me how to dump especially the usermap data from the database before deactivating the plugin and how to import them after re-activating the usermap? This would be great! Wink

You can backup it in PHPMyAdmin by going to the table, click on export and select the fields with the prefix usermap_

But, deactivating with MyBB 1.4 shouldn't have any impact on it, only when you uninstall, the data is deleted.

(2009-06-11, 11:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]The only feature this plugin is missing is a link to the location from the User Profile (and perhaps the name of the city and country the user is located in).

Please consider including this ...

Well, I'll do, but it's maybe better to let them just write it in the Location field. You can make your map more precise and enter your entire address, but I don't want to see my address just in my profile ...

But about the link: we could make a link to centre on the coordinates, like when you just looked up your location.

(2009-06-13, 05:51 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]I am well aware that it is a volunteer project and that wasnt my point. Point is these kids need to think long and hard before getting involved in such stuff as seing how they do have other big obligations such as school. Which as well means they are at the mercy of thier parents who in the end will decide if they need to focus more on school work and less time on here. They dont have the choice of doing what they want especially if thier grades start to fall. There is a ton of people using these very popular plugins and now they cant get updates/fixes because of this and thats not good. I appreciate what he has done but this sucks. This is a huge blow to MYBB as well because of how popular these plugins are.

I don't see the problem in fact. When the MyBB would be on vacation, there wouldn't be fixes, too. The only difference is that I am the only developer Wink
But, I'll search somebody who's going to give support, for example when I'm on holidays, at the end of August.

By the way, my parents have nothing to do with this: It's my computer, and they aren't interested in what I'm doing the whole day, as long my school-results are good, and they would nearly say they are too good Toungue
I installed and activated the Usermap in MyBB version 1.4.18. I activated it in the ACP, and saved the settings in the user groups. I can browse directly to the URL http://www......../usermaps.php and see the usermap. But within the forum I don't see a link anywhere to click on to see the usermap.:-( Not on the forum, not when going into the user list, etc.

How do I solve this?
(2009-07-19, 02:58 PM)Dolfijntje33 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed and activated the Usermap in MyBB version 1.4.18. I activated it in the ACP, and saved the settings in the user groups. I can browse directly to the URL http://www......../usermaps.php and see the usermap. But within the forum I don't see a link anywhere to click on to see the usermap.:-( Not on the forum, not when going into the user list, etc.

How do I solve this?

It should be at the bottom of the page, where you find RSS Syndication
[attachment=14781]
nope, it's not there.:-(
If you tell me which file I need to edit I might be able to add it manually?
I found where I needed to change it. So I got it solved.:-)

Is there any way I can connect it to the 'City' field in the UserCP, or when a user registers at the forum? Or is that still on yout ' to do' list?
Quote:Are you using IE? Or is it to long ago for my memory

No, i am using Firefox.
I have tried with several Browsers, every where the same problems.

Only if the board isn't included at portal, all works fine.
I tried to install this plugin, but now i have only whitepages when trying to open the Admin-CP. Sad
Usermap 1.1.1 is released!
Changes since 1.1
- Updated to newest Google Map standards
- Fixed problem when multiple pins on the same coordinates

Upgrade from 1.1
1. Upload the new files
2. Run the upgrade file
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25