MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2012-05-14, 04:32 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]this is done entirely through xthreads, for example.

Hm... interesting. I'm thought it was MyShowcase System.

Btw what plugin you use for reputation (hearts in posts)?
MyNetwork Post Reputation.
All other paid forum scripts have nothing on MyBB, yes I'm including XenForo. I just tried vBulleting, XenForum, IPB at http://www.forum-software.org/... I'd stay with mybb's AdminPC anytime of the day. Plus most the the features of the big guys have integrated in their core we have them as a plugin... even the notification center. If MyBB was to take their graphics to a next level I bet it'll be considered by many more people over the paid forum scripts. I'm a strong believer that looks give the extra push needed and totally necessary for any product, especially in today's market. MyBB has the interface now needs the looks to make it appear 100x more powerful and better overall. If you notice a LOT of the forum scripts user leave many defaults of the theme(Icons, tables, ect). I bet MyBB 2.0 is going to be awesome as hell. I'm really excited Toungue
Where is the MyBB "notification center"?
(2012-05-14, 09:08 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the MyBB "notification center"?

A member of this forum made one for another member, custom. The receiving member is considering selling it through Codicious.

You can see it on http://www.iosnut.com (Nudges)
Yeah I've seen that one... that has nothing on the IPB/Xenforo one. I thought he meant there was a public one.
We really need that plugin to be released or created by any of the awesome MyBB plugin's developers. I keep forgetting on what threads I've commented and I hate to subscribe I think it's to complicated and I often forget.... This plugin has to be available for the plublic like right now in 3 2 1. No, but SERIOUSLY we need this.
Hopefully 2.0 will have it. Otherwise we'll have to wait.
Tomm M's working on a notfication system as part of MyNetwork IIRC. I also said I might be looking into it for my own site and would consider opening it to public use.
That's exactly what we need. Talented developers like you and Tomm giving things away (all be it I understand why people don't) for public use. Though I'd much prefer it integrated into core asap but that's a future thing.

I'm a big fan of the MyNetwork, I just need to fix a few things to be able to use it Sad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23