MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2012-05-03, 04:09 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ][...]
Anyway, I'm not saying it's a bad product. It's good software. I just think it's over-rated.

This.

XenForo looks to me no better that vB 4 does.
(2012-05-03, 07:45 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Anyway, I'm not saying it's a bad product. It's good software. I just think it's over-rated.

This.

Then I urge you to use both. You won't say that after.
(2012-05-03, 09:57 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-03, 07:45 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]

This.

Then I urge you to use both. You won't say that after.

As somebody (may have?) mentioned here, you just get tired of the "too good" juice it has to offer.

It is like buying a new PC game to notice it is not that good after a week.

Although maybe you are right and XF is better that vB 4, it was not my intention to be exact about it.
While I love mybb, xenforo is something truly amazing to use on a community, converting to xenforo caused a 233% increase in google traffic/clicks to one of my forums about 40k more clicks since march when I moved

Mybb is the best free software
Xenforo is the best of the paid

They are just in different leagues
(2012-05-04, 05:13 AM)Richard.R Wrote: [ -> ]While I love mybb, xenforo is something truly amazing to use on a community, converting to xenforo caused a 233% increase in google traffic/clicks to one of my forums about 40k more clicks since march when I moved
I am sorry but that seems little stupid to me. Traffic does not depend on forum software, if yes, not to a large scale.

When you compare two forum software(s) for traffic, you should consider following points & aspects and realize if they were correctly implemented in MyBB as well like in XF;

1. Design, style & template structure;

First, you should realize what a search engine sees and how it crawls a site. If you've tons of ad codes or other scripts floating around which a search engine is seeing, its bad, very bad.

Whereas in Xenforo, there might be a system having that disabled for bots, as bots might be in other usergroup.

Such above small lacking can cause big differences. Search engine should only see what it is meant to see and people fail to realize this immense fact and droves all the mud on the forum software saying it doesn't attract traffic.

For better search results and traffic, you should focus on content, content & only content.

As I stated above in starting, that forum software may be causing a slight SEO difference, but not that vast difference as to what you might be thinking.

There are many successful MyBB boards running out there in competition to sites of similar niches that are being hosted on XF & vB and to amaze your fact, you cannot see those sites on first few pages whereas the ones on MyBB are on some of the first few pages, because content is the king, you serve the king better, higher the position you get.

Apologize if any of the above sentence might be wrong.
All i can say it what happened (on several different sites that converted to xenforo) Possible or not it happened.

I have statistics for one of the sites going back 5 years, the average monthly growth was about 5% the month we swapped to xenforo the growth was 233% in a single month

I am not putting down mybb it a great forum software, xenforo however is more social network in design and appeals to people who find forums alittle "old hat"

Also you presume the previous sites were mybb, they were Vb+vbseo
Maybe it is because people like fancy sites, even if content is not good enough.
Richard.R u mean real grouth of users and posts or it just incoming traffic? If it incoming traffic maybe it's just bots.
Also I forgot to mention, if you are getting traffic, are you checking if that traffic is actually converting into posts? What I mean to say is if you see increase in traffic, there might be some sort of registrations and postings, hence leading to increase in # of posts daily. If its not the case, chances are there what Maj said, although I am not sure.

If I remember correctly, Solidus also told in BBO forum or somewhere that he had rise in traffic after converting GFXF to XF, but I did not know if that also converted the traffic into activity. Solidus, if you read this, can you update us? Smile
I am a member on one forum that converted from mybb to xf and they seem to have increase in activity
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23