MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
"When it is ready" just frustrates you* because you* ask more than once.

Anyways, as far as I can see, XenForo staff don't even bother with such replies, or replies regarding future releases, at all. That would be frustrating to me, considering you pay for the product.

* Users, especially those who don't know how to use the search feature at the top neither Google
(2012-11-25, 04:48 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Software companies are learning that releasing unfinished products or being late is more detrimental than just having people wait.

Almost all serious movies, games (LoTR, Tomb Raider for example, etc) and projects have release date. When there is no plan, there is no motion.

Quote:Hell look at almost every major MMORPG that's been released people are always pissed about the amount of bugs or lack of a promised feature on the day of release.

No matter how long you wait before release it - there will always be bugs, etc. Because they all can be visible with thousands of real user's tests only after release.
Did I say games? No I said MMORPGs which is a whole different beast because like forums it's not a single player experience. And not to mention all your examples of things that have release dates have budgets of millions of dollars which makes it easy to meet a release date.

I won't deny there will be bugs but you can greatly limit them and you didn't even comment on the lack of a feature that was promised...

And, why can't there be progress without a release date? A plan doesn't require a release date. They aren't waiting to release it they are waiting until it's ready to be released. It's not like they've had 1.8 and 2.0 finished for the past 6 months and just said were going to sit on these until we feel like releasing them.
(2012-11-25, 06:12 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]And, why can't there be progress without a release date? A plan doesn't require a release date. They aren't waiting to release it they are waiting until it's ready to be released. It's not like they've had 1.8 and 2.0 finished for the past 6 months and just said were going to sit on these until we feel like releasing them.

For example you want to marry. She says that she will marry when she's ready. You wait an year, second year... etc. And after that I think you get tired of waiting, because she just don't want to marry. That's all. Toungue
Can you stop with the stupid analogies? It's free, open software. Not the same thing.
I understand that it's free, open software. I just do not understand why developers do not tell us a word about the progress.
(2012-11-25, 06:46 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that it's free, open software. I just do not understand why developers do not tell us a word about the progress.

We will when our progress report is ready.

edit:

Joking aside, we like to be transparent when we can; we've released blog posts and shared screenshots and information in the past regarding future versions and we're working hard to be more transparent about versions in the future. Smile
O.K.)
(2012-11-25, 06:00 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, as far as I can see, XenForo staff don't even bother with such replies, or replies regarding future releases, at all.

Epic Games don't either with UDK releases. Crytek'll give the same answer you guys do for releases of the CE3 SDK.
(2012-11-25, 06:00 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, as far as I can see, XenForo staff don't even bother with such replies, or replies regarding future releases, at all.

As I see XenForo came to the end. its future is in doubt because of problems with VB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23