MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
That's literally the definition of anecdotal. Is that really the only change that happened? Has the activity sustained long after the software change?
I actually made a thread a while ago in the BBO section about this. I asked whether there really is something that makes Xenforo and co appear to draw in a lot of visitors. No one knew the answer for sure. It's not just personal stories, I've witnessed myself that sites using these big premium forum software's are receiving a lot more traffic with less content. I guess no one knows the answer for sure. It certainly has never increased post-activity though from what I have seen.
Google prefers premium software?)
(2012-05-05, 06:54 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Google prefers premium software?)

That would make absolutely no difference to the amount of traffic to a forum.
(2012-05-05, 06:54 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Google prefers premium software?)

Is there any evidence for that? IE: Has google said so?
I have no evidence. It's a question to Richard.R and Anxiety. They say about traffic growth.
Some software has better default SEO options. has nothing to do with the price of it.
It's a strange fact, indeed.
(2012-05-05, 07:32 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]It's a strange fact, indeed.

It's not a fact though... As brad-t it's anecdotal at this point.
(2012-05-05, 07:25 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]I have no evidence. It's a question to Richard.R and Anxiety. They say about traffic growth.

I would say it depends on the admin not the software. There are people out there who bought vBulletin because it was popular, but have no idea how to use it properly. Yet there are people here who know all about SEO and use MyBB. Its not the software that makes a forum great, it the people who run it and above all, the people who use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23