MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I'll be honest -- I'd pretty much forgotten XenForo existed after the initial hype.
XenForo are screwed unless they get their fingers out and start interacting with their community. Tons of people have already left them for dead and gone over to IPB. Development has apparently xceased until the lawsuit is over too even though there are still major bugs (such as the lack of support for IPv6 - something I find shocking given how recently it was created from scratch...).

I know I'll likely be attacked for the above by XF fanboys and stuff but I don't care. I've bought a license that's now looking all but worthless.
(2012-10-11, 10:07 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-11, 09:29 PM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]Apples and Oranges.

Make a nice fruit salad.

Well, comparing a free software to a paid one is like comparing Apples and Oranges.
(2012-10-11, 10:28 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be honest -- I'd pretty much forgotten XenForo existed after the initial hype.

(2012-10-11, 10:31 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]XenForo are screwed unless they get their fingers out and start interacting with their community. Tons of people have already left them for dead and gone over to IPB. Development has apparently xceased until the lawsuit is over too even though there are still major bugs (such as the lack of support for IPv6 - something I find shocking given how recently it was created from scratch...).

I know I'll likely be attacked for the above by XF fanboys and stuff but I don't care. I've bought a license that's now looking all but worthless.

Hmm... what happened to XF?
XF was always overrated imo.
(2012-10-11, 11:05 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-11, 10:28 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be honest -- I'd pretty much forgotten XenForo existed after the initial hype.

(2012-10-11, 10:31 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]XenForo are screwed unless they get their fingers out and start interacting with their community. Tons of people have already left them for dead and gone over to IPB. Development has apparently xceased until the lawsuit is over too even though there are still major bugs (such as the lack of support for IPv6 - something I find shocking given how recently it was created from scratch...).

Hmm... what happened to XF?

vBulletin lawsuit, Brogan left, KAM barely communicate with the community, no sign of the long promised 1.2 version, massive waits between releases, continual drama, the lsit goes on.
(2012-10-11, 11:08 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]XF was always overrated imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsT0Sod377I

This gave me a laugh.
mybb is the best software out there, it is more expandable then all forum software available

put a little bit of work into mybb and ur wesite will be amazing, plus mybb is absolutely the fastest community software available.
(2012-10-11, 11:08 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]XF was always overrated imo.

Probably. It brought so many great UI and UX concepts to a very stagnant genre of software though, and that's what got people excited.

Also -- they have a Twitter box embedded on their homepage, but their last update was 89 days ago. Seems like they are pretty much dead in the water at this point.
I believe there was a fallout between Mike and Kier, which is why development hasn't been moving any, if at all. It's understandable, considering all the money they're losing in the lawsuit. IB not only created a horrible software for the forum market, but ruined (Or, is currently ruining) a potentially awesome one as well. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23