MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Fit on Page (Update: v2.3 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Thanks for the update Smile

this is a very usefull MOD
(2009-10-04, 10:03 AM)Raicuparta Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using this plugin and I like it. But I really want to use this together with Shadowbox.
I was thinking I could do this by making so Fit on Page would open the images with a normal link instead of a popup, because Shadowbox makes image links open with that script.
But then I found out that I have no idea how to do this.
Can someone tell me how can I change this plugin so It doesn't open the pictures in a popup?

Oh, and I managed to do this by linking the image to it self, but this makes it easier.

The popup link is in the javascript of the plugin around line 122-123, you can edit there to your requirements.
Yes, I actually saw that, but I don't know anything about javascript. What should I replace it with?
¿Why is still awaiting validation?
(2009-10-06, 06:15 AM)Raicuparta Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I actually saw that, but I don't know anything about javascript. What should I replace it with?

If I get time I might look in to the code to see what needs to be changed but as it is I just don't have the time for individual customizations.

(2009-10-06, 12:32 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]¿Why is still awaiting validation?

Its always bugged me how it takes so long for plugins to get validated here, in the past I have PM'ed staff to get the plugin validated after waiting for a while, something I don't like doing because its absurd that I'd have to bug them for such an issue when it shouldn't be an issue at all!
Anyways, I guess just have to wait, they'll get round to it when they'll get round to it Rolleyes
(2009-10-03, 08:45 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]As already noted by Rafael and having checked on my system too, it seems this is a problem on your system, check your javascript settings, since the plugin uses javascript to resize it seems something is conflicting with it there. Try default settings in your browsers.

That's strange. I have just updated to V2.2 and browser settings of Opera and IE7 are default.
When I set width of 500px, Opera and IE7 will show a resize of 1% at image of 500px width. This is not in FF2, FF3 and FF3.5.

I have to set width to 505px to get Opera and IE7 not resizing the 500px-images of 1%. Huh
(2009-10-11, 08:12 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-03, 08:45 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]As already noted by Rafael and having checked on my system too, it seems this is a problem on your system, check your javascript settings, since the plugin uses javascript to resize it seems something is conflicting with it there. Try default settings in your browsers.

That's strange. I have just updated to V2.2 and browser settings of Opera and IE7 are default.
When I set width of 500px, Opera and IE7 will show a resize of 1% at image of 500px width. This is not in FF2, FF3 and FF3.5.

I have to set width to 505px to get Opera and IE7 not resizing the 500px-images of 1%. Huh

Do you have the auto setting too? Cause for me works good on any browser including Opera 9.x-10.
As my forums width is fixed I can not use auto for the setting. I tried to use auto but with no success. With auto-setting images are destroying my layout.
(2009-10-11, 03:01 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]As my forums width is fixed I can not use auto for the setting. I tried to use auto but with no success. With auto-setting images are destroying my layout.

Could I get a link to your forum where this problem is coming up so I can have a look at it. Maybe you have some other script there which is conflicting.
(2009-10-11, 08:12 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]

(2009-10-11, 10:43 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-11, 03:01 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]As my forums width is fixed I can not use auto for the setting. I tried to use auto but with no success. With auto-setting images are destroying my layout.

Could I get a link to your forum where this problem is coming up so I can have a look at it. Maybe you have some other script there which is conflicting.

Update to the above issue:

We've resolved the above issue in PMs and thought I'd put an update here for everyone.

The above issue was found to be caused by Opera's handling of element width in javascript. When returning the width of an element opera included the padding and border width in to the width and the plugin then tried to resize thinking its oversized.

The above issue however should only come about if you have css padding and/or border around your images which was the case here since the images that were being resized were the thumbnails of attached images which have both a padding and a border around them.

The issue has now been fixed and the updated code was passed on to Jockl who tested and confirmed that it works.
The updated code will be included in the next revision.

EDIT: On a side note, would you believe its been 15 days since I submitted my plugin update and its still awaiting validation Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37