MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(2011-03-12, 03:58 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for this.

Has anyone encountered real users getting blocked as spammers?

Yes I did and also some that were not spammers - but their username was blocked so I had to disable the username check.
@Tim B. thanks, I've re-installed it.
The log feature is very useful, I would say. For several hours I use the new version and there are already some spammers in the logfile. Now you can see how effective the plugin works.

Good work. Thanks for the update. Smile
(2011-03-12, 12:00 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did and also some that were not spammers - but their username was blocked so I had to disable the username check.

Yeah, I don't recommend enabling the username check.

(2011-03-12, 02:05 PM)capsicum Wrote: [ -> ]For several hours I use the new version and there are already some spammers in the logfile. Now you can see how effective the plugin works.

Cool, I would be interested to hear some statistics from users running the plugin about how many spammers are being blocked.
(2011-03-13, 01:24 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, I would be interested to hear some statistics from users running the plugin about how many spammers are being blocked.

I have been using my version of this plugin (I built my own version a few months before this one was released) and once my MyBB site went live 1.5 years ago, I have denied 28,110 registrations based on SFS results.

EMAIL => 11,011
IP => 16,548
USERNAME => 551

with mixed settings over time. Currently Ia m check for 3 or more IP "reports" or 3 or more email "reports" from SFS before blocking.
(2011-03-13, 01:24 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, I would be interested to hear some statistics from users running the plugin about how many spammers are being blocked.

My current stats: In the last 24 hours 28 spammers were blocked by the plugin. I was surprised that there are so many. I use the plugin for a few months now. Before I used it, I had maybe 1 spam registration per day.

I think it would be a nice feature auto submit this blocked spammers in the sfs database.

this still works in 1.4, so why is the min version 16x >.>

I run this plugin on 2 forums...on the 1, it has blocked 19 users so far in 1 day and on the other forum, it has blocked 34. are we able to change the logging so it automatically the number of blocked users per day?
since setting it up around 8 hours ago, its blocked 13 attempts from 4 usernames under 8 different ips. it's also let 12 past though. seems to be a sql error on the SFS site though... the json calls occasionally report mysql_connect failed due to too many connections. this also seems to affect the SFS site as well.
Can't open file error when this is enabled on 1.6.2. the default folder permission for the root mybb dir prevents the creation of the log.
(2011-03-16, 08:40 AM)squall_leonhart69r Wrote: [ -> ]Can't open file error when this is enabled on 1.6.2. the default folder permission for the root mybb dir prevents the creation of the log.

Create the file yourself and put:
<?php die(); ?>
At the top.
Then chmod it to what you need (it depends on the user and group who own the directory as well as the user PHP runs as).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26