MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Well since I need it fixed, I'll take a look at it and provide a fix if I found one but I'm not taking maintenance of it.
A fix would be really great. For me this plugin is meanwhile the most important on my site.
I have realized that Spam prevention has become a very significant issue so I have started a new plugin called My Spam Ninja that I hope will eventually become a complete anti-spam package. I can't give you any time-frame as I am pretty busy at the moment but I'll work on it when I can.

You can follow the progress here: https://github.com/Tim-B/My-Spam-Ninja

Please DO NOT run the code on GitHub on a live site, it is currently only in a pre-alpha state.

Currently My Spam Ninja only performs the same functionality as this plugin except without any settings yet, and it does log/cache denied registrations. I'll obviously be extending it to include other anti-spam techniques too.

I'll post a dedicated thread once the plugin is closer to completion.
That sounds good. To log the denied registrations is a very good idea, i think.
Wow this is perfect... Thanks.
Thank you so much I install new modication Smile
Alright so after some researching I found out the problem is on the actual XML output by Stop Forum Spam website so there isn't much you can do besides placing a @ before simplexml_load_file(...), it's the actual site that outputs invalid XML so you can't do anything.
In my new plugin I used json rather than XML which doesn't seem to have a problem.

You can look at my _checkSFS function here: https://github.com/Tim-B/My-Spam-Ninja/b...s_user.php

When I get a minute I think I'll update the original SFS plugin to use json so it can be used in the mean time until My Spam Ninja is ready.
Okay, I just updated this plugin to use json to parse information from stopforumspam.com and also to make it compatible with 1.6.

I have also added a simple logging tool that will log rejected registrations and errors. When a log is made a file called sfs_log.php will be created in your root MyBB directory which you can open and look at.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for this.

Has anyone encountered real users getting blocked as spammers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26