MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
But is the new github update with the confidence level, etc... on the mods site here as well?

Thanks Big Grin
Yes, the plugin on the mods site has been updated.
for some reason the 'check user details' are not staying set properly.

for example, it's sets by default for 0,1,1 which is fine with me, but when adjusting the confidence level and saving the plugin, it resets the 'check user details' to 0,0,0.

how do I fix this?
thats all you got? more than 2 months i waiting for new plugins then i see another spam plugin there is like 1 MILLION SPAM PLUGIN and you make another? /me disappointed
I apologise, my inactivity is well documented and Tim is in a similar position.

For the Failsafe function, SFS has to be offline for this to kick in. I don't think it is an issue for the plugin. However, I think I can find a way around it and make it easier to spot people who register when SFS is unavailable.

I will look into the permissions shortly.

@Xbat, I'm not sure I follow. SFS is one of the most popular plugins, I helped to upgrade it as I was investigating whether to include its functionality into 1.8. There was never meant to be another plugin (that I'm aware of).
Quick question on the failsafe i dont know if its easily doable but could their be a way to set a max time out or something.
When SFS is unavailable i have tried and seen many times that the registration process takes so long that the page simply times out. I dont know if i am the only one with that problem though. Or if it's because i have two plugins working on the registration part (Default avatar to).
But its quite annoying, a funny thing on the other side though is that it still registers the user but for the user registering a timeout would seem as if it had failed.
(2012-12-29, 06:14 PM)cLutchh Wrote: [ -> ]Any update on my issue and Shemo's issue? I confirm that after any change in the settings it changes back to disabled.

Also, I contacted the SFS team and they replied back:
Quote:It's really not configured very well. The API is a GET and not a HEAD driven page. The problem is that its using the wrong verb for querying the page.

This plugin is pretty much useless right now. And since it's the only one here that can actually keep spammers away (when it works), MyBB is sucking.

I agree mybb realy goes worst every day

too smart lime woven a network that can not maintain
I don't see how this is affecting MyBB, especially that I have no problem with this plugin version and while the SFS page is up got 0 spambot registrations. You can always use the old version anyways, can't you?
Quote:It's really not configured very well. The API is a GET and not a HEAD driven page. The problem is that its using the wrong verb for querying the page.

(2012-12-29, 06:14 PM)cLutchh Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin is pretty much useless right now. And since it's the only one here that can actually keep spammers away (when it works), MyBB is sucking.

I believe the method used to query SFS hasn't changed at all between 1.2 and 1.4. Therefore I don't think the issue is how the plugin is coded (although I agree it needs to change).

As mentioned in the readme:

Quote:A level of 0% will deny any user who features in SFS's database (which is the same functionality of 1.2).

Set the confidence level to 0% to stop anyone who is mentioned in SFS's database. The idea of confidence is to prevent ham - legitimate users that have mistakenly match database records - and it's up to you to find a happy medium.

I work exclusively on MyBB 1.8 and I don't experience the issues with the settings.

Update
I've tested 1.6 and it too doesn't have any issues with the settings. If you're happy for me to investigate this further please PM me.
I've made some changes to the plugin, including a GET method and a different method of detecting the SFS settings in the ACP. The changes are available on GitHub and will be updated here when Tim gets a chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26