MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Very happy with this Plugin. Just opened my log file, and am extremely happy with it's rate. Not sure exactly how many people it's stopped in just a few months, but it's a lot.
I just updated to 1.4.1 and it's still resetting the user details back to 0,0,0 instead of 0,1,1
Shemo - please pm me with an admin login and FTP details and I'll take a look. Tat shouldn't be happening and doesn't so on any test installations.
Still having the issue that the plugin disables (asks again for "Install & Activate") as well. However, after a few tries I think it's related to the Failsafe. The moment I wanted to save the options and one of them is Failsafe being set to no, the problem occurred. As long as Failsafe was kept on yes I could easily change any settings without the plugin getting disabled again. Hope this helps Smile
i've installed this on the forum seems to work great just need to know what the optimal settings are so less chance of blocking genuine members.
(2013-02-17, 10:49 AM)SanderN8H Wrote: [ -> ]Still having the issue that the plugin disables (asks again for "Install & Activate") as well. However, after a few tries I think it's related to the Failsafe. The moment I wanted to save the options and one of them is Failsafe being set to no, the problem occurred. As long as Failsafe was kept on yes I could easily change any settings without the plugin getting disabled again. Hope this helps Smile

I have exactly the same problem with this plugin. Failsafe off and it gets disabled.
Today I got 20+ spammers registered an I think it is not working properly. Where is the log file written?

Edit: found the log file
(2013-02-17, 10:49 AM)SanderN8H Wrote: [ -> ]Still having the issue that the plugin disables (asks again for "Install & Activate") as well. However, after a few tries I think it's related to the Failsafe. The moment I wanted to save the options and one of them is Failsafe being set to no, the problem occurred. As long as Failsafe was kept on yes I could easily change any settings without the plugin getting disabled again. Hope this helps Smile

I'm having the same problem on my board as well. Disabling the failsafe uninstalls the plugin.
Shame on the problems, this was my next plugin on the list to install. I have this plugin on another forum with another software and all I can say is that this plugin is a MUST HAVE.

Seriously, dat feel when you run the plugin with one click to check your members and the plugin detects half of them are on the stopforumspam database LOL It even caught those users who manually inserted a single link on a post and which I banned (and remove their post), which means that this plugin will even detect users that were added to the database for dropping one single spam link manually, so it's not just bots.

I will be installing this plugin in a couple of days; hopefully I don't run into problems. This is one of those plugins that need to work because it makes administrating a forum so much easier.

Thank you for this plugin Tim.
Ill be interested to know if it works for you Ados.....I dont have any issues right now with spam but this will still be one of my next mods to install if it works for you.
why is there no decent log available ?????? i mean there is a logfile written but anybody who knows the filename can view it's content including the spammers themself there should be a log in the admincp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26