MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
no need to enter any api key?
I get this each time someone registers... any idea?

they can still register - but is is normal?
I would have posted this here, had I seen this thread first. Tim, I posted a message (link below), I would appreciate it if you could read it and tell me the answer?

Link: http://community.mybb.com/thread-76125-p...#pid644721
I'm not sure if this has been reported already but this plugin generates plenty of errors on line 136.

Some of them are server related errors (on stopforumspam.com) I guess but there are some parse errors too.

Examples:
simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=79.142.67.137&amp;[email protected]&amp;username=Gonovode:2: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: br line 2 and div

simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=79.142.67.137&amp;[email protected]&amp;username=Gonovode:11: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1

simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=79.142.67.137&amp;[email protected]&amp;username=Gonovode:11: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1

I get errors like these on each day. There are some others related to apache@localhost and not having permissions for something, can't remember now.
I'll have to see what happens on my own site. But I've been using stopforumspam for a few weeks now and have had no server error logs at all. And I'm always keeping a keen eye out for any server logs appearing when using my FTP program in the ROOT or Admin folder.
(2011-02-27, 02:58 PM)Gary Bolton Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to see what happens on my own site. But I've been using stopforumspam for a few weeks now and have had no server error logs at all. And I'm always keeping a keen eye out for any server logs appearing when using my FTP program in the ROOT or Admin folder.

I get emails for each warning or errors so I get emails about this every day, I'm not sure why they happen though.
In my forum settings, I also have it set-up to generate error.logs in the root directory and email them to me as well. I've had nothing, only ones from mistakes I've made myself, like creating parsing errors in php files by mistake later corrected.

So I know my site does create error logs if one is produced by a file.

I still might get the same errors your getting yet, my forum is small and stopforumspam has only been installed for a few weeks. You have no way of telling also if a person has been rejected. But on saying that, I did try to register myself on my forum as a guest using an email and username listed on stopforumspam as a test. I was rejected registration and show the error page as should be with a message why.

Try using this version that I'm using and see if you get the same problem.
What are your settings for this plugin?
That plugin I posted above has been edited for MyBB 1.6.*. My setting now only check for email and IP used, with them NOT having to match each other. I stopped using the top setting (check name), because I created a test account on my site using the name "Testing", it was rejected by stopforumspam. So I don't use the Name checking option, only IP and Email used.

But I did use all 3 settings together at one point (with all not having to match each other) in the last 4th setting. I still didn't get any error logs then when rejected trying to register a Testing account, which was rejected by name used.
Well I disabled the first one (I suspect this is the problem), let's see how it goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26