MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Try using that plug-in I uploaded instead in a post above, doing the same you've done before and see if you still get errors.
What did you modify? There's no point on using a plugin edited by somebody else if the parameters are put the same way.
The parameters are still the same, I didn't touch them. I just removed the plug-in version checking because it works fine for me, no need to check for another new version. And edited the MyBB version numbering for using with MyBB 1.6.*, nothing else.

I only said try that I uploaded just to see, you never know? Other than that I don't know what to say, maybe it's a server related configuration issue for you. It works fine here for me at my end.
this seems to be a very intelligent integration, very good job i will use this.
(2011-02-28, 01:43 AM)Gary Bolton Wrote: [ -> ]The parameters are still the same, I didn't touch them. I just removed the plug-in version checking because it works fine for me, no need to check for another new version. And edited the MyBB version numbering for using with MyBB 1.6.*, nothing else.

I only said try that I uploaded just to see, you never know? Other than that I don't know what to say, maybe it's a server related configuration issue for you. It works fine here for me at my end.

Well then it won't fix anything. My forums http://forums.consoleaddicted.com gets some registrations per day including bots. But I do not always get the error, today I didn't get by the way, let's see if this setting change fixed it.
Unfortunately you are correct, I just got home from work and checked my emails. I have 6 email sent from my forum with different errors messages in them all related to the StopForumSpam plugin.

Seems I'm now getting them as well. Here are just 3 below.

Quote:Type: 2
File: inc/plugins/stopforumspam.php (Line no. 145)
simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=117....xiem7jk:11: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1

simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=117....axiem7jk:2: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: br line 2 and div

simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: ^

Type: 2
simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: &lt;/response&gt;

Yeap I've just received some new emails a few minutes ago as well. This looks like a bug to me
It's related to line 145 in the plug-in file it seems that says this in the code, as all 6 error emails sent all mention Line 145. I just opened the plug-in file and looked at that line and this is the code on that line.

sp_xml = simplexml_load_file('http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip='. $session->ipaddress .'&email='. $mybb->input['email'] .'&username='.$mybb->input['username']);

To be honest I have no idea how the fix this, I'm not a PHP coder. Maybe somebody here could have an idea what going wrong looking at the error messages I posted above though. For now I've disabled it on my forum, which I didn't really want to do.
If anyone is interested in taking over maintenance/development of this plugin then they are more than welcome to do so, It is licensed under GPL so you can just create a fork. I don't have the time these days with my other MyBB duties.
doesn't work with 1.62 Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26