MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Thank you very much! for your reply! rep+ to both you and favoiuz Smile
Thanks for the plugin and support Smile
Awesome plugin here. Keeps the spammers out, and no one has complained about it!
(2011-08-04, 10:06 AM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]Works like a charm and stopped 16 bots from registering within the first couple of hours. Thanks!
I also inserted my api key in the goodbyespammer plugin to contribute to the database.

Small suggestions for the future development:
- make the "registration denied" text editable in the settings. I changed it in the plugin file to match my board language and also added a stopsign graphic Wink
- make the log file readable with a browser, either trough the admin cp or direct opening

Thanks
Atnun

Where and what files did you edit to make your changes? The file in the plugin folder?
Hi, I have installed and activated the plugin but I get this error at the top of my page when I go into the Mod control panel:

Warning [2] curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set - Line: 213 - File: inc/plugins/report_spammer.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)

Anyone else come across this?

-------------------

Apologies, wrong plug in. Ignore me.
Just installed this a few days a go, but "sfs_log.php" hasn't appeared in my MyBB Root folder, and it's set to log.

Any idea why that may be?

Thanks.
(2011-09-23, 04:40 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed this a few days a go, but "sfs_log.php" hasn't appeared in my MyBB Root folder, and it's set to log.

Thanks.

Does your forum install have proper rights to make/change the file?
(2011-09-23, 08:07 PM)mehtuus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-23, 04:40 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed this a few days a go, but "sfs_log.php" hasn't appeared in my MyBB Root folder, and it's set to log.

Thanks.

Does your forum install have proper rights to make/change the file?

Yes it does, in all the of locations that MyBB had requested anyway.

But this is the MyBB Root folder, what permission should it have? I'm rather hesitant on giving it 777.
using operamini is detected as spammers?
(2011-09-26, 08:58 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]feedback:
using operamini is detected as spammers?

Find out your OperaMini IP and look it up on StopForumSpam's site.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26