MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
i might have to re-enable this. had like 10 spam bots sign up since i disabled it :|

Okay Arka, i'll try to disable the name check.
Hi all

I've this pluggin on my forum, appeared to work for ages but just recently noticed that details I've been submitting to the SFS database have already been submitted countless times before! This has lead me to believe that the pluggin has stopped working. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have all the "Check" options highlighted in my settings.

MyBB version 1.6:5

In fact numerous pluggins seem to have stopped reCAPTCHA does not appear either! Sad

Thanks
Nige.
This plugin doesn't work. I am still getting spam bots registering.

Check username
Do you want to check the username against www.stopforumspam.com?
Yes

Check email
Do you want to check the email address against www.stopforumspam.com?
Yes

Check IP
Check IP address against www.stopforumspam.com?
Yes
Still working fine for me. I Don't use the Check Username though!
Does this plugin work for the 1.6.6 version ?
(2012-03-27, 05:16 PM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Does this plugin work for the 1.6.6 version ?

Works fine.

(2011-09-23, 04:40 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed this a few days a go, but "sfs_log.php" hasn't appeared in my MyBB Root folder, and it's set to log.

I must be blind but can not find how to turn on the log. The settings only has the usual 4 settings... just replaced original stopforumspam.php with latest from Tim's site file dated 3/11/2011. Mybb shows version 1.2 activated and install (previous had 1.0) but can not find any turn on log option and none seems to have been made yet - but may be too soon.

The answer is perhaps obvious but I've given up looking

Thanks
Is there any way to change the code so that everything is echo'ed ? meaning you can just grab the page and view it instead of having to go into the cpanel to view it?

I saw the code lines where you create it etc. but could those simply be changed to:"

echo " (normal code here) "; ? 
And the removal of the die() function ofcourse.
The last small thing i would like to do is only make this viewable to the admin and nobobdy else.

Or how would you go about doing this.
To bad we can't download this, can someone PM me a download?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26