MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I installed the plugin on 1.6.1 and when someone try to register it just gives a blank screen and does nothing.

Any idea what the problem is?
When i tried to activate the Plugin i got the following error?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'gid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','stopforumspam','Stopforumspam.com check.','Checks new registrations against www.stopforumspam.com','5','0')
(2011-03-21, 03:27 PM)Verbat Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the plugin on 1.6.1 and when someone try to register it just gives a blank screen and does nothing.

Any idea what the problem is?

Can you check the sfs_log.php and see if any errors are listed there. Can you also check your PHP configuration to make sure you have the json module installed? It comes with PHP by default but I guess you might have a strange version, and also it should spit an error saying the json function isn't defined but any way, just check that.

(2011-03-22, 12:26 PM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]When i tried to activate the Plugin i got the following error?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'gid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','stopforumspam','Stopforumspam.com check.','Checks new registrations against www.stopforumspam.com','5','0')

What database engine are you using? MySQL?

[/quote]

What database engine are you using? MySQL?

[/quote]

Yes MYSQL.
I found the solutionBig Grin

Cause

MySQL 5.0 and higher have a strict mode that is currenty incompatible with a number of queries in Drupal. The Windows Installer from MySQL.com enables this strict mode by default.

Workaround

There are several workarounds

1. Replace in my.ini the current sql-mode line with sql-mode="MYSQL40"
2. Start MySQL with the option --sql-mode="MYSQL40"
3. Execute the query SET GLOBAL sql_mode='MYSQL40'

MySQL needs to be restarted before changes in my.ini have an effect. My.ini can be found in the MySQL installation directory or the Windows directory, depending on your configuration.

Note: After switching MySQL mode you have to recreate your Drupal database or your site will not function properly.
Never used this plugin before.
Started using it 3 hours ago.
Already banned 5 spam IP's.

Thank you Tim!
Tim B.
I just added the API from http://www.stopforumspam.com/ to the forum code itself instead of using a plugin so it all works now.
(2011-03-25, 03:52 PM)Verbat Wrote: [ -> ]Tim B.
I just added the API from http://www.stopforumspam.com/ to the forum code itself instead of using a plugin so it all works now.

Generally doing that is a bad idea because it will be overwritten next time you do an update so you will need to carry out your modifications again.
(2011-03-26, 05:19 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-25, 03:52 PM)Verbat Wrote: [ -> ]Tim B.

Generally doing that is a bad idea because it will be overwritten next time you do an update so you will need to carry out your modifications again.

I know that but it's a very easy code to add so it's not a problem.

Thanks.
It has been blocking non spam users, even i unselected the username check Sad
Check your log, are they generally being banned on account of their email or their IP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26