MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Would anyone share with me how on earth you add your API key within this modification? I can only find the ability to check for user, IP & email.
You don't need an API key, the plugin doesn't use it.

Try Goodbye Spammer if you want to submit your bans to the Stopforumspam database. You'll be able to add your API key there.
(2011-10-12, 04:54 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need an API key, the plugin doesn't use it.

Try Goodbye Spammer if you want to submit your bans to the Stopforumspam database. You'll be able to add your API key there.
I thought not using an API key wouldn't work with stopforumspam? But after I searched some, it seems it's only needed for submitting. Thanks! Smile
This does not work for mybb 1.6.5. It worked just fine on 1.6.4 but now it wont let anyone sign up, and makes the registration page go to member.php which is blank. I disabled then re-enabled this plugin, but also a similar plugin wont work, called javabot protection.

any info about update this plugin
Absolutely. Can anyone confirm the compatibility?

This is a "must have" plugin.
(2011-12-15, 04:55 PM)stijl Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely. Can anyone confirm the compatibility?

This is a "must have" plugin.

works fine so long as you run the plugin hook updater on it. http://community.mybb.com/thread-108595.html
didnt block me from registering a new account. I cant say whether it will block spammers as my ip isnt listed on there, but it didnt stop me from registering
I was having issues with this plugin when using 1.6.5. I decided to forgo on it and just use the hidden captcha and recaptcha features that's built in on 1.6.5. Surprisingly, it did the job for me. I haven't gotten any spam bots for about a week now.
The plugin works fine after using the above mentioned script to update the hooks.
You can see that it still blocks users from registering by reading your logfile Wink
I also tried registering with a username I found in the logfile and it successfully presented the denial message.
(2011-12-20, 10:50 AM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works fine after using the above mentioned script to update the hooks.
You can see that it still blocks users from registering by reading your logfile Wink
I also tried registering with a username I found in the logfile and it successfully presented the denial message.

Yep I can confirm this too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26