MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Thank you works well cheers
it's not working for me....

showing "" Error: StopForumSpam.com could not be reached / "" in log file

i tried to register using spammer email id from stopforumspam site, but it donesn't denied anything...
just got a message, check your mail and activate..

so any way to fix this.......?? because it is must plugin
mybb 1.6.5
Can't confirm this. StopForumSpam Plugin Works as it should. Blocks in 1 Year over 10k Spammer Accounts. Wink

Maybe sometimes the SFS Server is overloaded??
I've noticed that whenever there's an email with dots like "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" it says "Error: StopForumSpam.com could not be reached..

Is this a bug in the plugin??

Thanks Tom Smile
Hi there,

yesterday I installed this plugin and everything seems to be working fine (stopped about 20 spam attempts since yesterday and received no new spam members).
However, when I tried to register myself I got rejected because possible spam. I had used the username "test3". I had to use a different username and then it went through. Is there anything I should know regarding "allowed" usernames to make sure this does not happen with real new members?

Also, I was wondering, the 20 odd spam attempts mean that my security questions have been bypassed/solved? I changed them yesterday to a new set (slightly more demanding) just in case.

Thanks.

I have just checked the log and yes, I am there, marked as spamSad
(2012-01-15, 11:42 AM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

yesterday I installed this plugin and everything seems to be working fine (stopped about 20 spam attempts since yesterday and received no new spam members).
However, when I tried to register myself I got rejected because possible spam. I had used the username "test3". I had to use a different username and then it went through. Is there anything I should know regarding "allowed" usernames to make sure this does not happen with real new members?

Also, I was wondering, the 20 odd spam attempts mean that my security questions have been bypassed/solved? I changed them yesterday to a new set (slightly more demanding) just in case.

Thanks.

I have just checked the log and yes, I am there, marked as spamSad
Go to the Spam options under configuration "Stopforumspam.com check"

Untag "Check username".

I only have Check email & IP checked. Not usernames.

Funnily enough, reading this thread I had found the same suggestion on page 10, so I was already on to itSmile
That has worked... I have managed to register with my "spam" name.

Thanks a lotBig Grin
Np Wink. It's never a good idea to mark usernames, I wonder why there's an ability for this.
K i removed this. it started saying my details matched a known spammer. so i wonder how many other innocent people it said it about :|
The Grinch, I wonder if you have the "check name" option still on (which caused me problems as well).
Since I installed the plugin I have checked the log periodically and found no false positives (so far...) AND the rogue new members have totally disappeared (for now...)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26