MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] [updated for 1.6] Stopforumspam.com plugin for MyBB - Stop the Spam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Grrrrr....I use network solutions
Seems to be working for me. Just activated it last night and I've got 17 denied entries in the log this morning. Typically I wouldn't have 17 spamwads in one night so I'm kinda wondering how that works, but in anycase, no new spammers/bots in the past 15 hours.
Great job op!

With the combo of deny based on IP and email address, it has virtually stopped all spammers on my site!

Cheers,

Tim
should we say "yes" to all criteria is met option?
It says right under that option that "it is recommended that this is set to no".

Because if you think about it, a perfectly normal user (not a spam bot) could use the same username/email of a known spammer, or even share the same IP. If you set the option to yes, then if either the username, email or IP matches a known spammer then it will not let the user continue registration, even if just the username is the same as the spammer's.

Bottom line: no, you should not say yes to that option.
Favouz: that is wrong.

It reads:
Quote:All criteria must be met to deny registration?
it is recommended that this is set to no.

So, if it is set to "no", not all but *any* one of the criteria matching leads to a denial of registration. If it is set to "yes", only those registrations are blocked where *all* of the criteria (or at least those activated in the options above) are met.

It is recommended to set it to "no" in order to catch also those potential spammers that use slight variations of the usernames or email adresses or their combinations.
Yes, you are right. Thank you. Smile

Either way, the option should be set to no.
<snip - it's best not to post people's email addresses in public>

All time. Why? =[
It's an issue on their end most likely.
You should not post email addresses of people that wanted to register at your forum here !!!!
Please edit this out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26