MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-08-24, 10:03 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great (or stupid) if there a feature mention to @[all], then PM'd all the member who posting on that thread :LOL: Wink

I think members of the specified thread would like to kill the developer of the plugin LOL

Anyway i don't think to add something like this.
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am not sure whether it has been discussed earlier. So pardon me if it is redundant.

Individual user tagging works fine for me. But I am thinking of group tagging. Like tag all mods or admins of a forum with @[mods] and @[admins].
This way all the mods and admins will be notified.

Is it possible to do so ? I am using Tagging Plugin! (1.2.2) Created by @[flash.tato]
(2011-08-29, 07:14 PM)adexl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am not sure whether it has been discussed earlier. So pardon me if it is redundant.

Individual user tagging works fine for me. But I am thinking of group tagging. Like tag all mods or admins of a forum with @[mods] and @[admins].

Is it possible to do so ? I am using Tagging Plugin! (1.2.2) Created by @[flash.tato]

If you want to notify all mods or admins there is the report button.

I don't see the point of group-tagging it could really harass people.
(2011-08-30, 11:47 AM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-29, 07:14 PM)adexl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am not sure whether it has been discussed earlier. So pardon me if it is redundant.

Suppose there is a group with 3 members. And I want anyone of them to answer my query, so I want to bring their attention to a certain thread. Easy way is tagging the groupname, so that they can reply to that thread.
So, right now you support unicasting and I am asking for multicasting. Is it possible ?
(2011-08-30, 05:09 PM)adexl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-30, 11:47 AM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]

Suppose there is a group with 3 members. And I want anyone of them to answer my query, so I want to bring their attention to a certain thread. Easy way is tagging the groupname, so that they can reply to that thread.
So, right now you support unicasting and I am asking for multicasting. Is it possible ?

I understood.

But the problem is that i can see people who abuse of this feature, i can see mods and admins hating this feature because everyone would use it.

So no i will stick with unicasting and i will not implement for multicasting as of now, but this may change in future.
Thanks a lot flash.tato !!
But can you suggest me some other plugin which can support this ?
This is a neat idea for a plugin.

I run a forum with limited PM space on the lower member groups - and was thinking: What if, instead of sending a PM when tagged, it places an onscreen notice that they have been tagged, which appears in a bar at the top of the page similar to a PM notice (but no PM?)

The notice bar would remain until the user clicks on the link, taking them to the tagged post.
(2011-08-31, 12:00 AM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]This is a neat idea for a plugin.

I run a forum with limited PM space on the lower member groups - and was thinking: What if, instead of sending a PM when tagged, it places an onscreen notice that they have been tagged, which appears in a bar at the top of the page similar to a PM notice (but no PM?)

The notice bar would remain until the user clicks on the link, taking them to the tagged post.

I was thinking of a separated notification system plugin but it is a thing i need to study and investigate, but surely this thing will be separated by the plugin itself it would be a different plugin which would expose some function ready to be used by other plugins.
Hello Flash,

Please read this >POST<

...Is it possible?

Thanks.
(2010-09-15, 08:11 PM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]Works perfect in 1.6

One question...ermm to be honest, two questions:

1.- How can I make the PM sender to be only the admin?.

2.- How can I include the name of the author of the tag in the message?

Example:

PM sender: Admin
Subject: You´ve been Tagged!

Message: Hello, you have been Tagged in this post by whoever tha guy is. Check it out! Wink

You know...something like that.

Thanks.

Yes it is possible but it will need some edits to the plugin, but i just don't see the point of an admin as the sender of the PM, i mean i would prefer a PM from the user who tagged me, but i can see the benefit for PM Space, well i will investigate. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29