MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-12-05, 09:04 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 08:12 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore me, i was making a silly mistake. It works brilliantly!
Would be nice if users could choose not to receive a PM, but be allowed to be tagged.
Also, is there a way to change the image next to the word Tag in the User CP Menu?

Yes i could, but how the user is supposed to know of the tag itself? Smile As for the image you can change that in the user cp template.

Personally, I would prefer not to allow users to turn off notification of tagging. For me, the main advantage of this plugin is that a tagged user is brought back to the site, to check the post they were tagged in, and hopefully respond. Eyes on the site and posts being made are what we want, and this plugin helps with both.
@Jayfore, i've got a feeling some of my audience would see it as being hounded, so thats why i suggested it as an option.

For those wanting to change the heart image to something else:

Now just upload an image to your /images/usercp folder called tags.gif

Check your /images/usercp folder is in the same location as mine in the example.

In your ACP, go to Templates & Style >> Theme >> Usercp.css (Advanced mode)

Find:

.usercp_nav_editlists {
	background: url(images/usercp/editlists.gif) no-repeat left center;
}

After it add:
.usercp_nav_tags {
	background: url(images/usercp/tags.gif) no-repeat left center;
}

Then go to your templates >> User CP Templates >> usercp_nav_misc

Find:
<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=tags" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editlists">Tags</a></td></tr>

Change to:
<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=tags" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_tags">Tags</a></td></tr>
(2011-12-05, 10:05 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jayfore, i've got a feeling some of my audience would see it as being hounded, so thats why i suggested it as an option.

For those wanting to change the heart image to something else:

Now just upload an image to your /images/usercp folder called tags.gif

Check your /images/usercp folder is in the same location as mine in the example.

In your ACP, go to Templates & Style >> Theme >> Usercp.css (Advanced mode)

Find:

.usercp_nav_editlists {
	background: url(images/usercp/editlists.gif) no-repeat left center;
}

After it add:
.usercp_nav_tags {
	background: url(images/usercp/tags.gif) no-repeat left center;
}

Then go to your templates >> User CP Templates >> usercp_nav_misc

Find:
<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=tags" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editlists">Tags</a></td></tr>

Change to:
<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=tags" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_tags">Tags</a></td></tr>

David, do you have a cool image that you're using instead? Can you share? Smile
(2011-12-05, 09:14 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 09:04 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 08:12 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore me, i was making a silly mistake. It works brilliantly!
Would be nice if users could choose not to receive a PM, but be allowed to be tagged.
Also, is there a way to change the image next to the word Tag in the User CP Menu?

Yes i could, but how the user is supposed to know of the tag itself? Smile As for the image you can change that in the user cp template.

Personally, I would prefer not to allow users to turn off notification of tagging. For me, the main advantage of this plugin is that a tagged user is brought back to the site, to check the post they were tagged in, and hopefully respond. Eyes on the site and posts being made are what we want, and this plugin helps with both.

If MyBB would've been bundles with a builtin notification system i would've used that one instead of using PMs but MyBB doesn't have and writing a new notification system just for the tags would be a waste of time but if someone provides a top-notch plugin with an exposable API for notifications i would be happy to implement that in my plugin. Smile

The maximum i can do as of now is to avoid the saving of a copy of the PM from the sender so it wouldn't waste precious PM space, what do you think?
(2011-12-05, 10:25 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Im using this one: http://www.iconarchive.com/show/delikate...-icon.html
Thanks! I like that icon, and will probably use it myself. Might be cool to have an ACP option to set your own image, but default to the one that is provided.

(2011-12-05, 11:45 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]The maximum i can do as of now is to avoid the saving of a copy of the PM from the sender so it wouldn't waste precious PM space, what do you think?
How do you mean? They would get a PM, but then it would be deleted right away?
(2011-12-06, 05:09 AM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 10:25 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Im using this one: http://www.iconarchive.com/show/delikate...-icon.html
Thanks! I like that icon, and will probably use it myself. Might be cool to have an ACP option to set your own image, but default to the one that is provided.

(2011-12-05, 11:45 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]The maximum i can do as of now is to avoid the saving of a copy of the PM from the sender so it wouldn't waste precious PM space, what do you think?
How do you mean? They would get a PM, but then it would be deleted right away?
When you tag another user, a PM is sent to them, but a copy of the PM is saved in your folder
I just noticed a bug w/ 1.3.3... If you use the CODE tag, and input someone's name, it will now treat it correctly, showing the code. However, if you tag that person FOR REAL, later in the post, the CODE area goes back to showing the tag and not the proper code. In my specific case, I want to use the CODE tag to show usage, and then tag that same person that I showed in the example.

Also, it still seems to be case-sensitive. Didn't you say that had been corrected in 1.3.3?

Thanks!
(2011-12-06, 02:40 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed a bug w/ 1.3.3... If you use the CODE tag, and input someone's name, it will now treat it correctly, showing the code. However, if you tag that person FOR REAL, later in the post, the CODE area goes back to showing the tag and not the proper code. In my specific case, I want to use the CODE tag to show usage, and then tag that same person that I showed in the example.

Also, it still seems to be case-sensitive. Didn't you say that had been corrected in 1.3.3?

Thanks!

I can confirm the first issue but not the second one because if i do tag an user "test" with @[tEsT] the systems behaves correctly by not identifying the user, are you sure about second issue?
(2011-12-06, 03:58 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 02:40 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed a bug w/ 1.3.3... If you use the CODE tag, and input someone's name, it will now treat it correctly, showing the code. However, if you tag that person FOR REAL, later in the post, the CODE area goes back to showing the tag and not the proper code. In my specific case, I want to use the CODE tag to show usage, and then tag that same person that I showed in the example.

Thanks!

I can confirm the first issue but not the second one because if i do tag an user "test" with @[tEsT] the systems behaves correctly by not identifying the user, are you sure about second issue?

Is not that what he means?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29