MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I'm currently working on a new version (it will be labeled v1.1.1) with the following features:
Quote:- Alterable settings
- Customize how a tag appears (ie if you could put @ before the username)
- New hooks (i'll publish a plugin that in the forumdisplay counts the number of tags in a thread as an example of how the hooks can be used).

Suggestions are welcomed!
=D I love this! I didn't even see this before! xD I'm totally using this now
Perhaps a feature so we didn't even have to type @ or [] to tag the person. Just type the username/uid, he will get tagged and therefore PMed. And seriously, why the [] now?
You asking for trouble.

I would've to make a lot of queries for each word, and what if username has space? Seriously delimiters were the obvious solution so i know that it was a tag.
Thanks for the quick response.
I get it know. Shame that it must be that way, would be a kickass plugin. But it's still an amazing tool, and I would love to see the "@ before username?" option, it just feels nice, and reminds me of twitter.
with the new version you can customize the output and perhaps put @ before the username! Wink
I started something similar to this last year. It works differently but similar principle. Good luck on the project.
(2010-03-31, 06:13 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I started something similar to this last year. It works differently but similar principle. Good luck on the project.

Thank you and i don't mind if you're gonna publish yours one Wink
Still working on it.

I redesigned Database Tags Table (just removed tag column i realized that it isn't necessary), i will post instructions about how to upgrade to new version, don't worry it is simple. Smile

Also i fixed a bug: basically it didn't delete properly the tags at post deletion.

A stable release is very near after the hardwork in these days, the new release is a huge improvement. Wink

Now i'm working on the plugin example which shows you how you can use the plugin's hooks. Smile

Also now the plugin can be translated finally!
Can't wait! Sounds great!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29