MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-12-06, 04:35 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 03:58 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 02:40 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed a bug w/ 1.3.3... If you use the CODE tag, and input someone's name, it will now treat it correctly, showing the code. However, if you tag that person FOR REAL, later in the post, the CODE area goes back to showing the tag and not the proper code. In my specific case, I want to use the CODE tag to show usage, and then tag that same person that I showed in the example.

Also, it still seems to be case-sensitive. Didn't you say that had been corrected in 1.3.3?

Thanks!

I can confirm the first issue but not the second one because if i do tag an user "test" with @[tEsT] the systems behaves correctly by not identifying the user, are you sure about second issue?

Is not that what he means?

Before he reported me that comparison was case insensitive, anyway that can't be that way.
(2011-12-06, 02:40 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed a bug w/ 1.3.3... If you use the CODE tag, and input someone's name, it will now treat it correctly, showing the code. However, if you tag that person FOR REAL, later in the post, the CODE area goes back to showing the tag and not the proper code. In my specific case, I want to use the CODE tag to show usage, and then tag that same person that I showed in the example.

Also, it still seems to be case-sensitive. Didn't you say that had been corrected in 1.3.3?

Thanks!

I can confirm the first issue but not the second one because if i do tag an user "test" with @[tEsT] the systems behaves correctly by not identifying the user, are you sure about second issue?

Right, I thought you were going to make it to NOT be case-sensitive, to make it easier for members to tag others? Initially, it was not fully functional when case was not right - IIRC, it would send the PM but not show a functional tag. I think it should tag and send PM, as long as spelling of the username is correct, and it should ignore upper/lower case. Thanks!
(2011-12-06, 04:53 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!

Right, I thought you were going to make it to NOT be case-sensitive, to make it easier for members to tag others? Initially, it was not fully functional when case was not right - IIRC, it would send the PM but not show a functional tag. I think it should tag and send PM, as long as spelling of the username is correct, and it should ignore upper/lower case. Thanks!

You're right i should be case insensitive because as MyBB does, i don't know why i was so sure that wasn't, my fault, it will be implemented in the next version which will bundle many improvements.

Also thanks for your efforts, your reports are helping me in improving this plugin
(2011-12-06, 06:08 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]You're right i should be case insensitive because as MyBB does, i don't know why i was so sure that wasn't, my fault, it will be implemented in the next version which will bundle many improvements.

Thank you again... Please know that we appreciate your work so very much!
(2011-12-06, 06:13 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 06:08 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]You're right i should be case insensitive because as MyBB does, i don't know why i was so sure that wasn't, my fault, it will be implemented in the next version which will bundle many improvements.

Thank you again... Please know that we appreciate your work so very much!

I already fixed that.

Basically the tag can be case-insensitive now, but it will show the real username anyway. Wink

That was a simple fix.
(2011-12-06, 06:58 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]I already fixed that.

Basically the tag can be case-insensitive now, but it will show the real username anyway. Wink

That was a simple fix.

Cool! Still waiting on the mods to approve the updated version? Is this now 1.3.4?
(2011-12-06, 07:22 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-06, 06:58 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]I already fixed that.

That was a simple fix.

Cool! Still waiting on the mods to approve the updated version? Is this now 1.3.4?

I'm rewriting this one and i changed something on the database, so i would like to test it more before to push a new release. I changed also some of the inner workings, now it is more efficient at write tags (less queries done and the amount of that doesn't depend from the number of tags) and also i introduced an escaping operator \ to allow the tagging of the users whose usernames contain the char ]. As you can see the amount of new features is significant so it is better to wait some Time to ensure everything is correct.
(2011-12-07, 04:43 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]I'm rewriting this one and i changed something on the database, so i would like to test it more before to push a new release. I changed also some of the inner workings, now it is more efficient at write tags (less queries done and the amount of that doesn't depend from the number of tags) and also i introduced an escaping operator \ to allow the tagging of the users whose usernames contain the char ]. As you can see the amount of new features is significant so it is better to wait some Time to ensure everything is correct.

Understood... Thanks again!
Still working on the new version.

I'm applying a lot of bug-fixes:
  • Before the plugin didn't check on the forum permissions of the tagged users, in some cases an user tagged another one who hadn't enough permissions to view the thead in the forum, now it will not tag that user
  • I changed how the tags are stored in database, now it will be faster fetching informations about tags (i will write a Converter script).
  • An user in ignore list was always tagged, won't happen anymore.
  • Less queries to be done at inserting tags.

Still in testing though, i will release when i will be more sure. Smile
(2011-12-09, 03:35 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Still working on the new version.

I'm applying a lot of bug-fixes:
  • Before the plugin didn't check on the forum permissions of the tagged users, in some cases an user tagged another one who hadn't enough permissions to view the thead in the forum, now it will not tag that user
  • I changed how the tags are stored in database, now it will be faster fetching informations about tags (i will write a Converter script).
  • An user in ignore list was always tagged, won't happen anymore.
  • Less queries to be done at inserting tags.

Still in testing though, i will release when i will be more sure. Smile

Would be better if the user could be tagged but not informed about it. Because half the point this plugin is the auto generation of the link to the user profile and username format.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29