MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
This is the version 1.4 of Tagging Plugin! but it is a beta so please don't try that on live forums.

New features
  • Escaping character implemented. This will allow you to tag users who have the char ] in the username. For tagging the user [Test] you will have to write @[[Test\]]
  • Rewritter parser from the ground-up, a regular expression will never replace parsers wrote for specific things, also it is fully optimized for MyBB's usernames.
  • If you attempt to tag an user who can't see the post the system will not tag the user
  • Now if an user puts you in his ignorelist you can't tag him

Upgrading
Replace tagging.php file without deactivating the plugin then upload tag_converter.php file in the root of MyBB and then point the browser to the file and delete as the tags are converted

I removed the file as i don't have enough time to give proper support for this beta version
No download yet?
(2011-12-21, 02:20 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading
Replace tagging.php file without deactivating the plugin then upload tag_converter.php file in the root of MyBB and then point the browser to the file and delete as the tags are converted

I put the new files in place, and attempted to open the converter PHP file. All I got was a blank screen. Then I attempted to open my forum index, and got the same blank screen. Removed the converter file, same blank screen. Replaced tagging.php with my previous version, and things were back to normal. For some reason, tagging.php prevents my site from running.
(2011-12-23, 08:14 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-21, 02:20 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading

I put the new files in place, and attempted to open the converter PHP file. All I got was a blank screen. Then I attempted to open my forum index, and got the same blank screen. Removed the converter file, same blank screen. Replaced tagging.php with my previous version, and things were back to normal. For some reason, tagging.php prevents my site from running.

That's weird, why can't i seem to be able to reproduce this?! It is the second time they report me this bug still can't reproduce it.

Could you edit init.php

find
 error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

replace with
 error_reporting(E_ALL);

and then tell me what error gives to you.
Do you have any plans on adding some settings related to spam control? (maybe a cool down on how many tags you can send after one another)
Whenever a post is edited the tag seems to be removed.
(2012-01-01, 03:41 AM)FB92 Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever a post is edited the tag seems to be removed.

With the 1.4 or the one present in first post?
The current present version in the OP.
I will give a look, but it seems to be a weird bug as it was fixed looooooooooooong time ago but will give it another look.
(2011-12-24, 07:50 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Could you edit init.php

find
 error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

replace with
 error_reporting(E_ALL);

and then tell me what error gives to you.

I made that change, but don't see any errors. Where should I be seeing them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29