MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-12-03, 12:30 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-03, 12:23 AM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded new plugins on MyBB Mods site (waiting for approval...)

Approved.

This one i think is the fastest approval i've ever got! Thank you for your effort!
I'm using this on my forum.Thank you for the plugin.
I'm working on possible outgoing issues with the following chars in the username: [ ].

I can also consider the possibility to remove the possibility to put the User ID inside the tag and forcing that to be username.

The problem is, let's imagine to have an username ([Tato]).

When i parse i look for @[username] pattern but in that case, the username would be [Tat, you can see that i'm missing the final parenthesis and that is no good as it isn't the username i meant to tag.

When i will bring the fix, for tagging such usernames you will need to do that:
@[[Tato\]]

Basically you will need to tell engine with the slash char to not count that parenthesis, that is simple, it isn't?
I'm working on a next version.

I'm planning to remove the possibility to tag by user ID because character escaping feature makes it useless.

Also i'm thinking in a database redesign of the tags column (i will write an update script so don't worry about losing your tags).

All those edits will make the plugin more fast in write-only operations (less queries done)
All sounds good! Excellent plugin gets "excellenter" Smile
Hope you can add some features in new update , which means Related plugins & External Contribution.

- Tagging Backup Plugin!
- Tagging Count Plugin!
- Editor button for easily tagging users

All in one installation.

It can be greatest think! btw nice job.
(2011-12-05, 07:23 AM)fakhrul Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you can add some features in new update , which means Related plugins & External Contribution.

- Tagging Backup Plugin!
- Tagging Count Plugin!

All in one installation.

I am OK with the plugins being separate for now, but agree that combining everything into one would be best. The thing that seems lacking is something to allow restoration of the .SQL files. Would it be possible to enhance the backup plugin, to be a backup and restore plugin?.
(2011-12-05, 06:14 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 07:23 AM)fakhrul Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you can add some features in new update , which means Related plugins & External Contribution.

- Tagging Backup Plugin!
- Tagging Count Plugin!

All in one installation.

I am OK with the plugins being separate for now, but agree that combining everything into one would be best. The thing that seems lacking is something to allow restoration of the .SQL files. Would it be possible to enhance the backup plugin, to be a backup and restore plugin?.

This is something i might consider but i can't give you any confirmation for now, i'm focused in other things.
Ignore me, i was making a silly mistake. It works brilliantly!
Would be nice if users could choose not to receive a PM, but be allowed to be tagged.
Also, is there a way to change the image next to the word Tag in the User CP Menu?
(2011-12-05, 08:12 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore me, i was making a silly mistake. It works brilliantly!
Would be nice if users could choose not to receive a PM, but be allowed to be tagged.
Also, is there a way to change the image next to the word Tag in the User CP Menu?

Yes i could, but how the user is supposed to know of the tag itself? Smile As for the image you can change that in the user cp template.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29