MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
My apologies.. It seems that I was unable to activate the plugin.. zzzzz

Anyway I found a bug, editing a post that contains a tag brings up an error..

Fatal error: Call to a member function escape_string() on a non-object in /home/krjsto/domains/pinoygg.com/public_html/inc/plugins/tagging.php on line 353

EDIT
btw which file do i edit when you gave this instruction?
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-665...#pid480693
(2010-04-17, 04:09 PM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies.. It seems that I was unable to activate the plugin.. zzzzz

Anyway I found a bug, editing a post that contains a tag brings up an error..

Fatal error: Call to a member function escape_string() on a non-object in /home/krjsto/domains/pinoygg.com/public_html/inc/plugins/tagging.php on line 353

EDIT
btw which file do i edit when you gave this instruction?
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-665...#pid480693

That instruction was for the first version. Now you can customize the output via "Tagging Plugin! Settings" in "Settings".

I released a new version which address this issue, a stupid thing i forgot adding $db, also i don't understand why i didn't reproduce this, maybe i set error_reporting not correctly in my php.ini, the release is in the first post.

Thank you for the report Wink
In the next version i will be parsing tags also in search results.

I'm undecided if i should add a setting and then you will choose if parsing or not.

But i will not release it immediately i think that just this feature isn't worth a release.

If you want this feature in meanwhile you can add at the bottom of the file this code:
//We want to display tags also in search results
$plugins->add_hook("search_results_post", "tagging_search_result_post");

function tagging_search_result_post()
{
	global $prev, $post;
	$tags = unserialize($post['tags']);
	if(is_array($tags) && count($tags) > 0)
		foreach($tags as $tag)
			$prev = str_replace(array("@[{$tag['uid']}]", "@[{$tag['username']}]"), tagging_get_tag_text($tag['uid'], $tag['username']), $prev);
}

Be aware that it isn't full tested so i highly discourage using this in production forums, use it only on your local copy. Wink
Great plugin! Smile I consider to integrate it into my forum.

I have just tested it. However, the link in the PM do not direct me to the according post directly. After doing following change (2x) I have got the direct post-link:

search for
get_post_link($pid, $tid)
replace with
get_post_link($pid, $tid)."#pid".$pid
I will be adding this in next release of course. Wink

Now i'm working on Tagging Backup! that will allow you to backup the tags in posts, useful if you've to upgrade with versions which make database changes ( i will make a database change just i will change from VARCHAR to TEXT the tags column but this time i will provide all the necessary for not losing the tags). Wink
Tagging Backup Plugin!

This plugin will allow you to backup your tags, they will be stored in a .sql file which you can import via tools like phpMyAdmin, now i don't plan to add option to import directly from MyBB cause i would've to deal with database class for adding MULTI STATEMENT support maybe in future if needed but not now.

This will add a new voice "Tagging Backup" in Admin CP > Tools the rest is intuitive i don't think the interface is complex to understand Big Grin

This will be useful for upgrading to version which bundles some database changes as the next (i changed the TYPE of the tags field, before it was VARCHAR now it will be TEXT).

Ok here it is! Smile

Thanks to Jockl for his help in writing this plugin.
I will definently use this once I get my forum up.
New version released in 1st post.

Instructions for upgrading from 1.2.1 Version
Backup Tags with Tagging Backup! plugin.
Uninstall the plugin.
Put the new tagging.php file.
Install it from Admin CP.
Then use the .sql file generated by Tagging Backup! plugin with some tools like phpMyAdmin for restoring the tags.
I have a suggestion, can it create a custom profile field under the name that if you click, @[thenameoftheuser] in the quick replu box.
(2010-05-01, 11:54 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I have a suggestion, can it create a custom profile field under the name that if you click, @[thenameoftheuser] in the quick replu box.

This was planned and i've already bunch of code working but the problem is Cross browser support, i hoped that Prototype had some code cross browser but it hasn't so it is all left to my work, i tested it on Google Chrome and IE and it works but i'm not sure if it is perfectly cross-browser i need to test.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29