MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tagging Plugin! v1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-12-09, 06:44 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-09, 03:35 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Still working on the new version.

I'm applying a lot of bug-fixes:
  • Before the plugin didn't check on the forum permissions of the tagged users, in some cases an user tagged another one who hadn't enough permissions to view the thead in the forum, now it will not tag that user
  • I changed how the tags are stored in database, now it will be faster fetching informations about tags (i will write a Converter script).
  • An user in ignore list was always tagged, won't happen anymore.
  • Less queries to be done at inserting tags.

Still in testing though, i will release when i will be more sure. Smile

Would be better if the user could be tagged but not informed about it. Because half the point this plugin is the auto generation of the link to the user profile and username format.

That's wrong, the main point of the plugin is to let users interact, not providing a mere link to a profile, using my plugin to serve that purpose i think it is wrong.

As of now i'm giving a shot at implementig tagging with just @ but i'm not sure if i will come up with a solution, now i've already wrote my own parser for tag recognition, now i've to come up with a solution for fetching that from database, this is just an attempt and there is a very high percentage this will not be done, there was a reason i used delimiters [ ].

Twitter stricts usernames, Facebook makes use of client-side code prompting the user, i will try to follow as most as possible the MyBB inner workings.
(2011-12-09, 07:06 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-09, 06:44 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Would be better if the user could be tagged but not informed about it. Because half the point this plugin is the auto generation of the link to the user profile and username format.

That's wrong, the main point of the plugin is to let users interact, not providing a mere link to a profile, using my plugin to serve that purpose i think it is wrong.

As of now i'm giving a shot at implementig tagging with just @ but i'm not sure if i will come up with a solution, now i've already wrote my own parser for tag recognition, now i've to come up with a solution for fetching that from database, this is just an attempt and there is a very high percentage this will not be done, there was a reason i used delimiters [ ].

Twitter stricts usernames, Facebook makes use of client-side code prompting the user, i will try to follow as most as possible the MyBB inner workings.

I know what you mean, but the user profile is a big part of it, as well as the username formatting. The fact that the user can't post in the forum nor thread doesn't mean it must not be tagged with this plugin.

A option to disable the PM notification in these situations may be better IMHO.

And I like the plugin requiring @[xxx] for it to work, many users use the @ symbol and if you don't require the [] ones, will not the plugin do more checks? I'm not a coder but it seems to me it may require more resources or something.
(2011-12-09, 07:37 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-09, 07:06 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-09, 06:44 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Would be better if the user could be tagged but not informed about it. Because half the point this plugin is the auto generation of the link to the user profile and username format.

I know what you mean, but the user profile is a big part of it, as well as the username formatting. The fact that the user can't post in the forum nor thread doesn't mean it must not be tagged with this plugin.

A option to disable the PM notification in these situations may be better IMHO.

And I like the plugin requiring @[xxx] for it to work, many users use the @ symbol and if you don't require the [] ones, will not the plugin do more checks? I'm not a coder but it seems to me it may require more resources or something.

Yes it is resource intensive but the big part of the problem comes at updating, i think i will leave this for now.

Your point is also right but it conflicts with the reason i developed this plugin, i would like to hear more opinions.
I need some testers to help me in testing, drop me a PM if you interested.
I know you said you're focused on other things right now... Will you be bundling in any other new features in the next version? Perhaps ability to point to any image we want, for the icon in the User CP (default to your existing one)? Etc? Bundling in of backup and restore functions?
I have been paying attention to this plugin since day 1 - It's getting better and better with every release! I believe I may try it out in my forums soon. I really like the idea of letting only your buddies tag you.
(2011-12-10, 07:25 AM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I know you said you're focused on other things right now... Will you be bundling in any other new features in the next version? Perhaps ability to point to any image we want, for the icon in the User CP (default to your existing one)? Etc? Bundling in of backup and restore functions?

The ability to customize icon there is already, you just need to customize template Smile

The ability to put backup and restore function i may reconsider that for the future.

Now i want to make the plugin more robust, let me know about the new version i sent you for test.
I wrote the converter script Wink

Still testing though
Working on integrating tags counter for threads.
If a post that contains a tag is quoted, does the user get tagged again?
(2011-12-14, 02:04 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]If a post that contains a tag is quoted, does the user get tagged again?

Actually it doesn't and i didn't change that. Smile
I just installed it, and tags aren't working. I'm typing @[username] and it's not rendering a link. Running 1.6.4
(2010-06-03, 11:20 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]As already mentioned I like this plugin very much. However, I like it a bit more comfortable. Wink

Therefore I made a modification to get an additional button in the editor where the username can be found via autocomplete() and will be added in the editor-window with according tags.

You can see how it looks like in the attached images. Attached please also find a rar-file with description and additional files which has to be used for this mod.

Hope you like it.

Can this be made into a plugin for those of us who don't want to make changes to core files (It makes upgrading so much harder)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29