MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lastposter avatar 3.0.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Hi Neo

Any chance we can get an option to set width and height of the avatar in ACP rather than set it with CSS ?

That way you can serve scaled images to the browser.
I can add it until the next major version.

I am working into 3.0 version so i have to add this into the next version.
^^forum needs a like button.
I am doing some few tests for this improvement, but unfortunatelly all is break so i can not add thi one due i have seen many users telling me about all styles are broken, bla bla bla. You know all is to hard and complicated, styles are not working fine and more.

And it will break all the responsive design i have worked on in the past, and it is more hard due it have many custom styles and responsive styles for some areas.

I know how hard is it but i can sent you the new dev plugin and you will see it because it will be a hard code implementation to work in the actual ways without breaking any other thing that is working on now. And i have to remove entire styles either. If some one can work into style i can add many features but it is too hard to work in all right now Sad
(2018-08-13, 01:24 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing some few tests for this improvement, but unfortunatelly all is break so i can not add thi one due i have seen many users telling me about all styles are broken, bla bla bla. You know all is to hard and complicated, styles are not working fine and more.

And it will break all the responsive design i have worked on in the past, and it is more hard due it have many custom styles and responsive styles for some areas.

I know how hard is it but i can sent you the new dev plugin and you will see it because it will be a hard code implementation to work in the actual ways without breaking any other thing that is working on now. And i have to remove entire styles either. If some one can work into style i can add many features but it is too hard to work in all right now Sad

ok, not a problem.
Thanks for this plugin Whiteneo. This isn't a major flaw, however the link title shows "Last poster: X" for the thread starter within the threadlist -- the relevant template is forumdisplay_thread.

<avatarep_uid_[{$thread['uid']}]> shows "Last poster" instead of "First poster". How can this be fixed?
@mrdeltoid that shoul not be happen.

The right values are last poster for index because it shows las poster avatar inside a thread.

And into thread list must shown.

First port by and last post by and username for thread owner and las poster, maybe there can be a bug inside the current version, i will review it into my site due it has tiny messages into titles Smile so it is easy to see it.

woops yeah you're right i will fix it Smile

I think i have used the same var besides the right one due some typo errors

This is a issue that i have to fix asap Smile

Thanks for your feedback now 3.0 is coming out soon Wink
Hi Neo

On showthread, instead of showing the lastposter's avatar, can there be an option to show the thread creator avatar (all the time i mean)?
It shows both by usersname request, but ypu can change it to whatever, whenever you like.

It only takes user id to retrieve the user avatar.

So if you like to remove it only delete the current var and set yours.

<avatarep_uid_[user_id]>

I write the code to provide the user to play with desired values.

But you can use it with that logic Smile
Ok, so adding <avatarep_uid_[{$thread['uid']}]> will work.

Any tips on how to edit the title text because it shows "last poster: XXX" and maybe it can be Topic starter: XXX"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36