MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lastposter avatar 3.0.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2018-09-22, 11:14 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-22, 10:38 AM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-22, 06:13 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I have to verify that if you set avatars in forums to No then it will have to hide from index and all posible parts where forumdisplay forumbit was called, into thread list works when forumdisplay_thread_list is called i have no idea of what do you want exactly but i will review the mod to know what is going on and posible reply for you Smile

Anyways i have many work to do so i have no time to review many things this weekend i only will focus into the most important ones and in order of asking people ...

But yes of course i will review it asap.

neo i'm asking is b/c i got a new theme and the avatar breaks the look of it when i visit https://www.blackmarke7.com/forum-1.html
so i want to turn it off when visit location like above but i still want to keep the avatar in thread list since it looks nice Smile

if  i didn't explain it clearly you can visit my site @ blackmarke7.com and use the theme selector to avenger
you can see how the avatar breaks how it looks at https://www.blackmarke7.com/forum-1.html

That's because of text set to nowrap.

In your forumbit_depth2_ find and remove where the avatar is:

style="whitespace: nowrap;"

sorry Ashley1 what i meant was when you visit the site on mobile device
i'm fine with how it looks on a desktop Big Grin
This is how it looks on mobile:

[Image: image.png]
(2018-09-22, 11:25 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]This is how it looks on mobile:

[Image: image.png]

looks like this on my phone  Toungue

1st pic is index with avatar turned off
2nd pic is https://www.blackmarke7.com/forum-1.html 
the avatar just looked out of place to me but i can only turn it off my turning threadlist avatar off Sad
If you just want to turn it off, remove the variable(s) from forumdisplay_thread template. If you want to line it up properly you would have to adjust with CSS.
(2018-09-22, 12:03 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you just want to turn it off, remove the variable(s) from forumdisplay_thread template. If you want to line it up properly you would have to adjust with CSS.

Well that'd be the last resort but would rather have a more dynamic solution
(2018-09-22, 01:04 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-22, 12:03 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you just want to turn it off, remove the variable(s) from forumdisplay_thread template. If you want to line it up properly you would have to adjust with CSS.

Yes there Will be a better solution.

By the way you are confused that image remains within same forumbit templates not showthread.

If you disable the option show threadlist avatars then it Will hide the avatars because it is taken actually by the current locations and generalized avatars so if i add many options as per every location i Will have to rewrite many plugin parts to make it Works as the previeous versions. But it consumes more resocurces tan needed and i have decided to use that ways to allows the users to get avatars everywhere within only the user id's.

So maybe i Will have to rewrite it or enterely remove the avatar option settins to yes or not in all places and generalizes it without locations to make it more easy to work for me and then you can modify it at your owns.

By the way i have many many work to do oright now i am at the beginning of it all and i am so tired and only whant to get a rest, hahaha. But no problem for tomorrow i Will update Online Today and Will review this to see what can be the best option for the plugin.

I can add some criterya or idk but i Will see it and maybe i Will remove all options and let it work by itself with your template addittions manually and done because it is more easy for me and for all to deal with that even developers to use and customize it at their owns in every part.

By the way it is a responsive model but maybe the screen resolution of your device is more tan average so only change the media screen rule and you done all have to be customized due i have taken in mind responsive parts to let the plugin shows betterized.
(2018-09-22, 04:50 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-22, 01:04 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes there Will be a better solution.

By the way you are confused that image remains within same forumbit templates not showthread.

If you disable the option show threadlist avatars then it Will hide the avatars because it is taken actually by the current locations and generalized avatars so if i add many options as per every location i Will have to rewrite many plugin parts to make it Works as the previeous versions. But it consumes more resocurces tan needed and i have decided to use that ways to allows the users to get avatars everywhere within only the user id's.

So maybe i Will have to rewrite it or enterely remove the avatar option settins to yes or not in all places and generalizes it without locations to make it more easy to work for me and then you can modify it at your owns.

By the way i have many many work to do oright now i am at the beginning of it all and i am so tired and only whant to get a rest, hahaha. But no problem for tomorrow i Will update Online Today and Will review this to see what can be the best option for the plugin.

I can add some criterya or idk but i Will see it and maybe i Will remove all options and let it work by itself with your template addittions manually and done because it is more easy for me and for all to deal with that even developers to use and customize it at their owns in every part.

By the way it is a responsive model but maybe the screen resolution of your device is more tan average so only change the media screen rule and you done all have to be customized due i have taken in mind responsive parts to let the plugin shows betterized.

thx for your response neo
I think I found an issue with this plugin, I've made a topic about it, before I figured out that this plugin might be the issue. How I found out, someone told me that the issue I have might be caused by one of the plugins I have installed so I disabled one by one and figured that this is the issue. You can read more HERE .
Other than that, the plugin is great, I'd like to keep using it if you manage to get a fix for that matter.

Thank you!
Thar was odd see the first post to review the reference.

The only known and i found an issue is within cloudflare and chrome cache, due it stores own caches and show wrong data into forum stats. Disabling cache should work.

But usernames is due a some other conflictive plugin that use the same cache methods to retrieve formated names.

And the answer is into first post with an image and link to the reply for fix it.

Many users know it, so i think you have to read the first post by the way.

And many times it is an strange issues due i have a plenty of plugins and this one already into my forums and all works great, so. I can not figure out what the problem can be without reproducing it into my localhost or a live board with full access to figure out what can be the problem and work to write a fix for this instances.

Many times i can not do anything due i have no idea what can be wrong, due it works fine and it have to due several tests and many live and non live boards tests.
Okay so a fix to this was suggested by Ashley...
First I disabled every plugin one by one to see which one conflicts and I got to yours. So I assumed that's the problem, no idea if your plugin conflicts other plugins and that's another reason why the bug happens.
I managed to fix it by disabling "Display formatted names". Everything is working fine right now and no more issues: http://prntscr.com/l0y7d3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36