MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lastposter avatar 3.0.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
I updated 3.0.1 to 3.0.3

this error got! have i can fix?

[Image: error.png]
I need to know why you are receiving an empty value. There must be a reason for that.

Then i can review the issue and write a patch for that case.

If you have a way to reproduce it into my live forums that can be usefull due i have never ecperienced it and i do not know recognize why it happens.
(2021-01-15, 11:39 AM)feilian Wrote: [ -> ]I updated  3.0.1 to 3.0.3

this error got! have i can fix?

[Image: error.png]

This Error is triggered on my host since I upgraded PHP to 7.4.11. What is your PHP version, if I may ask?

I am currently investigating the error, if I can find something I will report it here. PHP 7.3 seems to be fine.

Edit: It seems this is an error triggered by unintentional use. However, it should be somehow addressed and I don't really know how.

You see, our template designer put the <avatarep_uid_[{$lastpost_data['lastposteruid']}]> into forumbit_depth2_forum (instead of forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost) to achieve a more uniform look. This yields a hash symbol when there are no posts at all.

Maybe this helps you to reproduce it, I know it is not as intended, but I think this error should be caught somehow more gracefully. (I get mails every time which are about 300k in size!)
For a quick fix, commenting out L1350 seems to silence the error without any side-effects.
Ok let me investigate more about this, i think i have solved the same issue in the past, but all the files that i have up to date into my forums first for test report phases until is stable and i upload in here too. So many times all is about user reports and a way to reproduce / debug the issue. I will see it due i use php 7.3 an no errors are there, but i will try it into php 7. 4 and mybb 1.8.24 when i have a free time to do and had ended all my current pendants but i will update this plugin soon.

O i forgot, the symbol # is to parse formated names, if you go to plugin list see if there are no errors marked from plugin in red, at least the last known errors was marked and ads info about an option to disable into the plugin to fix it.

Ok please upload the new files from last version and that should solve your issue.

On the end was not related to any of the described samples but i have founded the issue into my test demo board into php 7.4 environment and of course maybe in lesser versions can be handled but not for sure, anyways i have updated it and now that error must gone.

Please give a try and let me know.
@Whiteneo First of all, just loved the plugin after installing it in the localhost.

Before I implement it in my live forum. I just have one query.

[Image: Capture.png]

The white circle that is appearing outside the avatar, can it be removed? My site has dark theme. And it is not pleasing to the eyes.
(2021-02-02, 02:51 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]@Whiteneo First of all, just loved the plugin after installing it in the localhost.

Before I implement it in my live forum. I just have one query.

[Image: Capture.png]

The white circle that is appearing outside the avatar, can it be removed? My site has dark theme. And it is not pleasing to the eyes.

Yes all plugins can be edited and customized.

You will have to go to your admincp and select styles and templates, your style and into your stylesheet list find avatarep.css

Open it and into advanced mode find

avatarep_img followed by avatarep_bg classes and remove / change border to the hex color you wish and done !
Ok I will let you know how it went. In the meantime you said it can be customized.

[Image: preview-51493-1464772039-0307c8e8e5f43b5...4f2cf3.png]

In your above image. The avatars are appearing on both sides. The last post on the right and also the thread starter in the left. Can it be made for the left (thread starter's) avatars not to show up?
Yeah by removing the var to call avatars due the plugin call it all at once, so, only remove from templates the var <avatarep_uid_$uid> where $uid must be users id to retrieve info.
@Whiteneo On second thought, can the thread starter avatar's be made different some how? Last poster avatar are shown in circle which is good. So, if the thread starter avatar be made square then it will look really cool !!
Yes in the last revision i have added special classes for every instance of code.

So you only have to add that special class and customize it at your owns with css by addimg custom items per every section where are displayed. I think since version 3 i have added it and so many other customization to make it easy to improve or extend with some other functions / plugins.

But yeah you can ask me or review it by inspecting elements and put that to work.

If you have an image of what you wanna change, must be easy to do, this case you must add the new custom class and add a variant to use border-radius to 2px or whatever you need besides the 50% by default.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36