MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of Confirmed Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
(2012-04-11, 11:49 PM)Gypaete Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, I think of idiots waiting for Yii 2.0, when they can try other Frameworks and see how it goes. And we expect more ..

Who said we haven't tried any other frameworks? We didn't just randomly pick Yii...
There are times when I wish we had red rep in the MyBB community (here). The post you quoted, Nathan, was deserving.
(2012-04-11, 11:49 PM)Gypaete Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, I think of idiots waiting for Yii 2.0, when they can try other Frameworks and see how it goes. And we expect more ..

Seriously we can afford to wait as we're working on 1.8. Yii 2 is a promising framework for MyBB.
Yii isn't that famous, I think more of Symfony or Zend framework. But then it's up to the developers.

A framework is meant to organize and simplify big tasks and projects. At the end no matter what framework you use, we will get the same results (tho, some frameworks work faster than others).
Yii isn't famous, but personally I found it a much easier transition between 1.x and 2.x than using any other framework.
This is a serious conversation please, use the correct language

(2012-04-12, 09:45 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Yii isn't that famous, I think more of Symfony or Zend framework. But then it's up to the developers.

A framework is meant to organize and simplify big tasks and projects. At the end no matter what framework you use, we will get the same results (tho, some frameworks work faster than others).
The problem isn't that famous is the framework, the thing is how light, clean and easy tu use it's for example, Symfony is really famous but I think if I need a VPS to develop a web page then I will never use it, the same thing with zend

(2012-04-12, 09:56 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Yii isn't famous, but personally I found it a much easier transition between 1.x and 2.x than using any other framework.
Look at my previous quote

Some code of Yii
$this->widget('zii.widgets.grid.CGridView', array(
     'id'=>'user-grid',
     'dataProvider'=>$model->search(),
     'filter'=>$model,
     'columns'=>array(
         'id',
         'username',
         'password',
         'email',
          array('class'=>'CButtonColumn'),
      ))
);
Soo....
Not to sound like a kiss lime, but you guys haven't disappointed before, so I'm going to assume that you'll continue to make me a happy man. So I trust that once you see Yii 2's capabilities you'll make the right decision as to whether you'll use it or not.

You're not idiots, that much is clear. So I doubt you'll make a stupid decision right off the bat.
(2012-04-15, 08:23 AM)tsrdazz Wrote: [ -> ]Not to sound like a kiss lime, but you guys haven't disappointed before, so I'm going to assume that you'll continue to make me a happy man. So I trust that once you see Yii 2's capabilities you'll make the right decision as to whether you'll use it or not.

You're not idiots, that much is clear. So I doubt you'll make a stupid decision right off the bat.
I agree, but we're web developers too and we know what is better to mybb, also you should not be a web developer to see that MyBB using Yii it's not a good idea
(2012-04-11, 08:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I actually agree. From the little experience that I have using Yii, it's a horrible framework. I'd love to see MyBB using Fuel though - it's actively developed, up to date and lightweight. It's also incredibly easy to develop for thanks primarily to Oil.

Any argument about Yii being "a horrible framework"? Yii is my framework of choice for web development and in my opinion it is one of the best (if not the best) PHP frameworks available. I've to say that most of my interest for MyBB is related to the fact that MyBB 2.0 is going to be based on Yii, otherwise I'd probably look for another forum application.
(2012-04-15, 01:51 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-11, 08:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I actually agree. From the little experience that I have using Yii, it's a horrible framework. I'd love to see MyBB using Fuel though - it's actively developed, up to date and lightweight. It's also incredibly easy to develop for thanks primarily to Oil.

Any argument about Yii being "a horrible framework"? Yii is my framework of choice for web development and in my opinion it is one of the best (if not the best) PHP frameworks available. I've to say that most of my interest for MyBB is related to the fact that MyBB 2.0 is going to be based on Yii, otherwise I'd probably look for another forum application.

I really just didn't like the way it handled things compared to other frameworks I'm used to (such as CodeIgniter and FuelPHP). Some of the stuff was nice (I like the DAO for instance), but I wasn't a massive fan of the directory structure as an example. I'll probably give it another go come Yii 2.0, but I wasn't a massive fan the last time I tried one of the old versions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47