MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-06-29, 01:47 AM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]@41shots :

The parents could be sued on civil because as the "tutors" of their child they have the legal obligations and responsibilities for the damages caused by their child.

In Quebec, based on the C.C.Q. they would have to pay millions of dollars for the death of timmy to his parents unless they have civil assurances to pay for it.

They only have grounds if the parents are negligent in their tuturing though.

/done with this thread.
I'm quite amused by this.

@41shots suggested that you read up on contract law, not I. Mind correcting the post there?
References on the obligations of minors and their parents C.C.Q. articles 153 to 255...
(2010-06-27, 04:25 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-27, 03:50 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like to be judged by my age either and it seems like you are judging people by their age and not their maturity level.

I applaud the amount of children who learn quickly but we have to have some sorta balance towards there daily activity and there futur.

But parents should also encourage creativity in children. As I know when I was there age I was eathier studing or doing my homework on paper or outside playing with my friends in the real world. SchoolTime and Playtime was probally the ONLY time I had on my hands. We didint have computers THANK GOD!

Today our kids are lacking creativity in the real world and parents are just throwing computers at there kids like its chocolate fudge. Here you go son I wont have to worry about you now.

Hello!!! Where has this real world gone to????

I know some of you might say im old fashion...

I wish I could encourage alot of these children on here a more creative development outside of this virtual world, where they could go outside with there friends and not be on a computer so much.

Kids should be outside playing NO?

In some places, where I live, it is either too hot, or you'll get robbed.
COPPA says 13 or older or with parental permission.
(2010-06-29, 03:12 AM)Lyoko512 Wrote: [ -> ]COPPA says 13 or older or with parental permission.
The COPPA can't really be enforced.
What was the point of this thread again?
(2010-06-29, 02:53 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]What was the point of this thread again?

Legal age, Laws, legal issues that are being discussed here.
Technoman, why do you think it's wrong if an underaged person runs a site? It could do really well.
(2010-06-29, 07:16 PM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Technoman, why do you think it's wrong if an underaged person runs a site? It could do really well.

My concern is about those who are underage and not finnshing high school.

I will say that it is wise to wait until you are in the right frame of mind to experience all the legalaties out there. When you are 13,14,15,16,17 most people like yoursleves think that you are all ready and that you know what you are doing, but in reality, you are still children and have not even developed enough to actually know what and how to enjoy life.

It will be regretted later trust me. How many 13,14,15,etc year olds, do you know that drop out of high school before 18???

Maybe in your mind you are "ready" but later on in life you might discover that you should of waited until you were at least finnshed high school.

The only consequnses that really come with that age are the consequences of rashional decisions.

Most children are in such a hurry today and they dont even relaize it and before they know it there so behind in school that there is no way to even catch up to the rest of your classmates in high school and then you decide to drop out and never finnish high school instead of enjoying your last years of studies until gradtuation time.

And if your parents do catch you, I just hope your dad isn't like my dad! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25