MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-07-01, 11:07 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 05:21 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have set foot by now into the public eyes of all MYBB member pretty much.

The question is are there any other Adults that havent responded to this heated conversation please by all means do reply and give your own thoughts, aside from me being disliked by most Wink rofllll

Ok, kids have to understand that there is always two side of a story. Because they are young and inexperimented most of them will see only the naive side of the story, when most elders will see the real side of the story.

Another fact is that a very large percentage of adults feel responsabilities in response to their acts were kids avoid them by far...

Even here in the forum of MyBB it is easy to find proof of this, here is one :

Here is a contest thread dated 11-16-2009:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-59755.html

The four people involved in this contest are:

FullMetalBabe
Combus
Joshee
Kyonko

Winners were announced 12-01-2009. I was one of them...

- FullMetalBabe was contacted numerous times and after 4 months never delivered the final PSD file...

- Combus was contacted numerous times after i supplied him with a PSD file and after another 3 months never delivered the final coded theme...

- I did not bother to contact the two others, they never contacted me to offer their part of the prize either.

So 7 months later, nothing was delivered to both the winners from what i know...

This is proof that most kids are irresponsible and cannot be trusted on the net.

Society in general consider that kids under 18 cannot be considered responsible enough to be allowed to smoke, drink, vote or engage themself in contractual agreements. So they are also not enough responsible to manage anything on the web without the supervision of adults...

I agree that there is some exceptions, but this apply to the large majority of them and if some of their parents are not responsible enough to educate and control them, then it is the burden of the society to do it...

Now, what can you expect of the staff of MyBB to do against other kids using their forum for promoting themself using lies and creating false expectations, when most of them are kids themself?

Adults are accountable for their wrong doing, but kids have to be dealt with their parents first, would you please give me their addresses or phone numbers? Surely not, because most of them hide behind the anonimity of the net...

So, this is an example were kids and adults do not belong on the net together, i could easily provide more examples...

So i hope that the young unbelievers, would at least validate that the previous example of bad behavior of the "pseudo respected members" of MyBB would enlighten them enough to understand at least, a little bit of what they are expected to understand after 10 more years of maturity...

So now i will probably regroup with technoman for "being disliked by most" people!

Wink
So you're blaming a kid for not getting a theme. Go buy one. Most people aren't trustworthy on the net.

(2010-07-01, 11:06 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 11:00 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]And the probability of the net crashing universally is not very high. xP

I dont know exaclty where i saw this information, but I heard the way were heading the Internet will eventually crash!
Thats dumb. You clearly have no clue about anything related to technology when it comes to the Internet.
Also since you attacking the negatives let looks at the positives.

My friend meagan, she refuses to talk in class. Like you can make it. You know what she had to do in primary school? She had to have a laptop, so she could answer short questions. I have another friend with the same thing, but i never can spell her name lol...

I tutored this one kid, who cannot write. Doesn't know how. Can't read either. You know what he does though? He is fluent in C++ and ASP, and i bet he could outcode most people on this site in those languages. He lead the school with a whopping 99% academic mark this year. He's a freaking genius. But he can't write, and without the computer, (And internet) you know where he'd be? In the Special Ed class, because he can't uses his hands correctly to write.

My best friend, reading does nothing for him. He can read a paper 2000 times, and he can't recall a thing. So his computer reads to him. And he can recall every detail, spelling error, grammatical error, from even grade nine...
(2010-07-01, 11:11 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Thats dumb. You clearly have no clue about anything related to technology when it comes to the Internet.
If I can find the link, I will be glad to share to all who dont believe me Wink

I think the idea is simple. If MyBB could make it that users had to be 18+ Mybb project and the outcome of this would turn out much more professional.
(2010-07-01, 11:11 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]So you're blaming a kid for not getting a theme. Go buy one. Most people aren't trustworthy on the net.

This is another example of childish and irresponsible behavior. Instead of taking action against the liars, cheaters you blame the victim for trusting people on your own forum!

You do not deserve to be part of the staff, unless they approve your behavior so it would be honnest and responsible adults who would not belong on MyBB forums...

I really hope that someone of the management will chime in soon here!

Angry
(2010-07-01, 11:20 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 11:11 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Thats dumb. You clearly have no clue about anything related to technology when it comes to the Internet.
If I can find the link, I will be glad to share to all who dont believe me Wink

I think the idea is simple. If MyBB could make it that users had to be 18+ Mybb project and the outcome of this would turn out much more professional.

If MyBB made it so only 18+ members could use this site, the whole site would die. MyBB is great for us kids because it is free and we can afford free stuff. If you made it 18+ then people would be so ****ing pissed they'd go buy IPB or do the unimaginable and use.... SMF or PHPBB O_O
(2010-07-01, 11:24 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]If MyBB made it so only 18+ members could use this site, the whole site would die.
Reallyyyy, how so???
Well most of the site.

And I stated why in the post above.
Quote:If MyBB made it so only 18+ members could use this site, the whole site would die. MyBB is great for us kids because it is free and we can afford free stuff. If you made it 18+ then people would be so ****ing pissed they'd go buy IPB or do the unimaginable and use.... SMF or PHPBB O_O

I think that the youngest member here might be like 11 or 12 I am not sure how to check ages. But thats a lot of years until you get to 18. Thats 12, 13, 14,15,16,17 all those years that kids can't use MyBB. So they'll switch to PHPBB and then they'll get used to PHPBB and not want to switch to MyBB
(2010-07-01, 11:43 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 11:24 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]If MyBB made it so only 18+ members could use this site, the whole site would die.
Reallyyyy, how so???

Since 95% of the site members and staff are under 18.
Reallyyyy, how so???

The majority of people who are above 18 and have a credit card, use it. Most people spend money to become succussfull. Its harder when you don't.
(2010-07-01, 11:49 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
Reallyyyy, how so???

The majority of people who are above 18 and have a credit card, use it. Most people spend money to become succussfull. Its harder when you don't.

Thats a good point. I use gift cards to buy plugins for my forum. If I had a credit card I'd probably buy IPB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25