MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-07-04, 04:37 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]In the US you can have a credit card when your 16, and you can also buy those Visa giftcard ones.

It is 18..
http://www.bcsalliance.com/creditcards_f.html

It is a binding contract and thus why 18..
This was re-opened?
See Ryan Loos' most recent post on the previous page Smile
(2010-07-04, 04:17 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but I'd be quite worried if community forums started asking for credit card details just to register :p

Same. I would be like "umm, no thanks, I'll go on another forum, thank you"
Any reason my post reffering to henry morgantaller was disallowed?
(2010-07-04, 04:16 PM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Likewise they could ask that you send in a scan of your drivers licence but it's not difficult to change numbers in photoshop.
That's correct and would be very effective IMO, but not every 18+ year-old person has a driver's licence (e.g. I'm 19 years old and I still don't have a driver's licence or a credit card).
I wouldn't scan my driver license it's a waste of my time. I'll just go somewhere that I don't need to do that.
(2010-07-04, 02:06 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Is goddady the LAW? NO! Thats just their policy, my host knows I am 14, he knew I was 13 when I started buying hosting from him. He had no problem with that, so why don't you put that agreement up there?

GoDaddy has rules in place to follow by law like every other registrar, wether you break those TOS rules being under the age thats the risk you take not me being that im over 18.

(2010-07-04, 11:34 AM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]technoman

You started this thread asking a question; What is the legal age owning a domain/website? We have all answered the question numerous time but you chose not to listen - why do you ask it in the first place?

There is laws that govern the rules of a buinsess and by not following the rules of the buisness your breaking the rules which are laws of the terms of service. I have already posted 3 huge Companies that have already mentioned what age it is in and requirements of domains/websites/hosting.

Yet some of you kids still reply and play this silly game I dont care attitude or you constantly question and push authority aka (TOS) thats already in place on sites. I don't understand.
(2010-07-04, 10:06 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-04, 02:06 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Is goddady the LAW? NO! Thats just their policy, my host knows I am 14, he knew I was 13 when I started buying hosting from him. He had no problem with that, so why don't you put that agreement up there?

GoDaddy has rules in place to follow by law like every other registrar, wether you break those TOS rules being under the age thats the risk you take not me being that im over 18.

(2010-07-04, 11:34 AM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]technoman

You started this thread asking a question; What is the legal age owning a domain/website? We have all answered the question numerous time but you chose not to listen - why do you ask it in the first place?

There is laws that govern the rules of a buinsess and by not following the rules of the buisness your breaking the rules which are laws of the terms of service. I have already posted 3 huge Companies that have already mentioned what age it is in and requirements of domains/websites/hosting.

Yet some of you kids still reply and play this silly game I dont care attitude or you constantly question and push authority aka (TOS) thats already in place on sites. I don't understand.

You have posted their terms of services. I'm pretty sure that there are far far more than just 3 registrars/hosts available. Most of which don't care what your age is.

Now, what LAW (not TOS, not morals) is there that prevents children from being webmasters? =/
Novahost.org TOS Wrote:1. ACCOUNT USAGE - You must be at least 13 years of age to request an account.
http://novahost.org/tos.php

13 years old, not 18. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25