MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-06-28, 07:07 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-28, 06:12 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-27, 04:21 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]You mention maturity and yet this subject seems to be upsetting you ( along with a few others ) and or you/they are feeling attacked. This has everything to do with maturity believe it or not. Why the need to feel judged unless you are guilty of such? Maturity has very little to do with knowing how to run a website/code and alot with how you react in situations andsuch. Like with anything there is always EXCEPTIONS but they are that just exceptions and nothing more.
So because I am a minor I should not be allowed to ask questions and you think because I am a minor I am getting upset by this thread because my majority level can't handle it?

Ever heard of curiosity?

No.. I am not saying that at all. Far from it. All should always ask questions when in doubt.

Now a couple of things.. Your reply came across as defensive and it still is. I say defensive because you are questioning my motives based on you being a minor. And now condescending by asking me if i ever heard of curiosity?

proper response/non condescending/Non defensive would be..
"I am just curious to know. Is it ok to ask questions?"

And that is it and i would have replied, "No i am not saying that at all. All should always ask questions when in doubt."

Yes i admit i have not constantly followed that either and really we all should. That alone i believe would make this place so much better and more attractive/professional. Smile
See there lays the problem, you believe minors should show more respect and suck up to elders on the internet. Who on the internet says "I am just curious to know. Is it ok to ask questions?". I shouldn't have to ask permission to ask a question? Or is it the 30's, because if it is I might be from the future that teleported back in time. Age shouldn't be a matter and I should be allowed to ask a question in the saw way as you do.

(2010-06-28, 07:43 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-28, 06:12 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]So as an 16 year old I should be biking around in me neighborhood and do what? There isn't much exciting stuff to do outside as a minor...

Sure there are plenty of things to do at your age.

Just to give you some sorta Idea on what I did at your age... I worked + school + homework. Smile
I play tennis from 9am to 12am every day and work from 3:30pm to 7-11pm. Not sure what I am lacking. On Fridays and Saturdays I go to parties with friends and the rest is spend online or with family.
technoman...

[Image: facepalm1.jpg]
Please stop digging your grave.
Well said.
I've read parts of this thread, and I must disagree with the "children need to be protected".
Yes, they do to some extent, but it's the parents job.

Personally, I have owned, administrated, and moderate websites since I was 11 years old.
I've not once had a problem with my age, which I don't keep secret.
Being 14, I feel that I can now have a website the same an adult can. On the internet, I feel that age should not be of consequence.
If you have common sense, and think about the sites you are on and what you are doing, your age should have no impact. I've had members on my site who were adults, but acted like immature children.
Because of this, age should not matter, and there should be no legal age to run a site.

Regards,
Lukas Larsson
(2010-06-28, 03:00 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]See there lays the problem, you believe minors should show more respect and suck up to elders on the internet.

Technology is ruining manners without respect to actual humans. Some people are so surrounded by the internet, they don't know anything else or rather, not willing to learn it.
Another blanket statement.
(2010-06-28, 06:05 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-28, 03:00 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]See there lays the problem, you believe minors should show more respect and suck up to elders on the internet.

Technology is ruining manners without respect to actual humans. Some people are so surrounded by the internet, they don't know anything else or rather, not willing to learn it.

Now your making generalization. I will admit the Anonymity the internet offers has brought some bad characters about (look at /b on 4chan Rolleyes). However Bob Jansen is a very respectable young man on the internet from what I have seen.
Look there are laws in place for reasons in North America.

In certain States/Provinces there are no exceptions to the rules! You have to be 18/21 to vote, 18/21 to be on welfare, 18/21 to buy smokes and to get a tattoo 18/21, to buy alcohol 18/21 go to a bar 18/21, and to drive a car 16/21, look I didnt make laws its whether or not we as a society can follow Laws and protect our children... But since alot people today dont follow laws kids look at it like monkey see monkey do and then we pay the consequences. This is one of the many reasons Im concerned.

Remember laws arent there to break there there to protect and if you break a law you or me have to pay...
(2010-06-28, 07:05 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Look there are laws in place for reasons in North America.

In certain States/Provinces there are no exceptions to the rules! You have to be 18/21 to vote, 18/21 to be on welfare, 18/21 to buy smokes and to get a tattoo 18/21, to buy alcohol 18/21 go to a bar 18/21, and to drive a car 16/21, look I didnt make laws its whether or not we as a society can follow Laws and protect our children... But since alot people today dont follow laws kids look at it like monkey see monkey do and then we pay the consequences. This is one of the many reasons Im concerned.

Remember laws arent there to break there there to protect and if you break a law you or me have to pay...

I'm sorry, I don't think you were vague enough. Can I ask you to be more general with your statements next time?
(2010-06-28, 07:05 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Look there are laws in place for reasons in North America.

And what does that have to do with the internet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25