MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2010-07-01, 05:39 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 05:28 AM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]I also learned from just playing some online game.

By disabling us from making wbesites or using the net, you're actually taking away our chance of creativity. And, maybe a chance for a good future. Wink

Using the Internet for School purposes fine, but not more as this can lead into other bad apples Wink

I disagree with children playing online games there ment for Adult audiences. I say that as a responsible Adult that has seen to much gore and things that children shouldnt be seeing at all.
So, you're saying that if we make a website then we'll become bad apples? What if we want to have some fun, and boost our creativity level?

Also, runescape.com is made for 13+ audiences. Wink
(2010-07-01, 05:39 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with children playing online games there ment for Adult audiences. I say that as a responsible Adult that has seen to much gore and things that children shouldnt be seeing at all.

So a teenager shouldn't be allowed to play a game rated teen just because it's online?
Some games have harsh language and they are still suitable for children marked with "T", go figure. And don't sit there and tell me its not true.

PS3/xbox360 are gameconsoles, we all know children play all the games on them.. when there marked for Adult Audiances ...seems kids still get there hands on them.

Even me I don't need to hear all the swearing either.

I know I sound old fashioned, but hey, these games today have way too much in it for any type of Audiance.
(2010-07-01, 06:02 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Some games have harsh language and they are still suitable for children marked with "T", go figure. And don't sit there and tell me its not true.

PS3/xbox360 are gameconsoles, we all know children play all the games on them.. when there marked for Adult Audiances ...seems kids still get there hands on them.

Even me I don't need to hear all the swearing either.

I know I sound old fashioned, but hey, these games today have way too much in it for any type of Audiance.
I thought we were talking about the Internet? I was discussing a Browser-based MMORPG
(2010-07-01, 04:53 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. The internet is a good place for children to learn. They learn how to socialize and some like me learn how to run communities, projects, and even work at companies. I learned so much about starting a business and professionalism. I am really happy and thankful that I get the experience to work at an hosting company or being able to run my own little web design business.

Unsure if the net is the proper place to learn social skills? I think face to face is the best way. But that's me.

(2010-07-01, 05:21 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have set foot by now into the public eyes of all MYBB member pretty much.

The question is are there any other Adults that havent responded to this heated conversation please by all means do reply and give your own thoughts, aside from me being disliked by most Wink rofllll

I have responded. Toungue I agree with some of your points and not others. You appear to really wanna shelter kids from everything? I don't think that is good for preparing them for what awaits them in the real world? Understand what i am saying? Imagine growing up and never seeing or hearing any of the stuff you speak of ( foul language etc ) and then walking out and hearing what we do? You will not be prepared! There is really no turning back the clock which it sounds like you wanna do. I agree there is some things we have gone overboard with ( hyping/glorifying murder-rudeness etc ) via the media/games etc but this really has nothing to do with this topic and thus perhaps subject matter for another thread.

Again i ask? Would you rather have A. Your child here using/expanding their minds by learning the ins and out of running a forum/developing software/themes etc or B. Would you rather have them doing nothing and or running the streets all night doing whatever? Personally i would choose options one and thus here. BUT i think ALL should as well spend some time away from the computer especially when you are young and thus have some out time to have friends etc to do things with such as play sports, go on dates etc ( a social life ) so you can develop all the needed social skills etc.

So i personally see nothing wrong with them having a website/developing software etc if it is done properly. Ofcourse doing it properly is a lesson as well to be learned. Thus a bit to gain.
Quote:So your under the age and working at a bar correct?????

Yes, it is perfectly legal for under 18 staff members to be on licensed premises, I have my responsible service of alcohol certificate and I typically work from 6pm to 1am every Saturday night and a few hours every Sunday night.
(2010-07-01, 07:23 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]So i personally see nothing wrong with them having a website/developing software etc if it is done properly. Ofcourse doing it properly is a lesson as well to be learned. Thus a bit to gain.
I find sense in your point, and have to agree. Smile It's nice to let us stay inside, but going out now and then never hurts. You put that very nicely. Wink
Yea, my grown is 16 and she works in a bar...

As said above you can't shelter children. My girlfriends mum used to stop her doing anything online. She wasn't allowed facebook, myspace, no online games, no access to forums. Her mum wanted to know everything she was doing both online and offline, if her mum didn't agree, then she wasn't allowed to do it. It made her very unstable and she ended up needing counselling after tryig to run away from home multiple times. Believe me being concerned with your Childs welfare is good, but imprisoning them isnt. We are now 17 (two years after she told her mum to stop pressuring her - after a really long argument) she is still at counselling...
(2010-07-01, 06:02 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]PS3/xbox360 are gameconsoles, we all know children play all the games on them.. when there marked for Adult Audiances ...seems kids still get there hands on them.
And the reason they can get their hands on them is because their parents go "oh, it's just a game" and buy it for them.

Parents need to get their fingers out of their arses when it comes to buying games for their children because at the end of the day who takes the flack for it? The parents? Hell no! The games industry takes the flack for it and it isn't fair; games are marketed and rated to a certain age range, if people ignore that then it's their fault and not ours.
These are just my own personal oppions...

Why dont we just STOP giving these kids computers completly, let them use the books and if they need information there is the public library. Are children that freaking lazy today. Also to teach Parents awareness on how to better their own children. Parents have to stop neglecting their own children and start putting children in the right directions. Just like all of us before computers even existed and that means we had to do everything on paper which is still recyclable. Seems here that today Technology has gone to far???

The media has changed a childs mind with useless information or Technology which is killing our children of today from reality. What I would suggest is take technology off childrens minds and teach them more to life then feeding them a computer of any sort. Computers & the Internet should have the same law just like when driving a car. A 16 year old kid can drive a car with a Temporary drivers license as along as there is someone with a Vaild License on the left/right side of them while driving in a motorized vehicule.

I guess our only hope today is to get invloved as Adults and and to encourage our governements of all these issues were facing in todays society.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25